Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is it possible adding notification for finishing event?

Hi,

I have repetitive tasks one after the other, so when I add one event into calendar, related tasks are coming with it.
    There is a notification when event is about to start.
    What I need is some notification tells me that event is happening now will finish in some minutes later. Is it possible with current calendar app or should I need to install different calendar?

Global Posts
    21,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Is it possible adding notification for finishing event?

From what I understand of your need, you might have to set up a second event in your calendar to tell you that the first one finishes.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

This seems like something IFTTT would be useful for. I tried making a recipe but the standard functions don't include a trigger for a calendar item ending and the calendar options they have are pretty limited. It might take a bit of fiddling to make it work with IFTTT.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    From what I understand of your need, you might have to set up a second event in your calendar to tell you that the first one finishes.
    That's I could do, but I don't see no benefit to create two events every time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    This seems like something IFTTT would be useful for. I tried making a recipe but the standard functions don't include a trigger for a calendar item ending and the calendar options they have are pretty limited. It might take a bit of fiddling to make it work with IFTTT.
    If I didn't get wrong, ifttt just make changes if I make any changing in somewhere else. If it is like that, there is no point to use it; simply, I can create another event.

Quote Originally Posted by forumcash View Post
    If I didn't get wrong, ifttt just make changes if I make any changing in somewhere else. If it is like that, there is no point to use it; simply, I can create another event.
    That's not exactly it. It works off of events that trigger other events. In theory the existing calendar item ending could be a trigger for a notification. But I didn't see anything built in that would do that. IFTTT is still pretty limited as to what they can do.

Your use case is outside of how most people use calendar items so it's not built into the system. There isn't going to be an easy way to do what you want that doesn't involve setting up more appointments or reminders.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

There are limited options. starting an event is option but ending an event is not. Thank you though.

I think it can't be problem add this feature in my app Smart Notify
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by mvysata View Post
    I think it can't be problem add this feature in my app Smart Notify
    I installed it but I couldn't find out how to run it for my purpose.

I will add it to the new version of SN
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

appreciated

But it can be use only for single events, no for auto repeating.

So check and enjoy the new version of SN available in one hour on Google Play, turn on in Settings/Calendar/Notify before the end and Minutes before.

ROM
    Stock

I would be a little surprised if you couldn't get the program Tasker to alert at the end of an event... It can automate a lot of actions, and alert on a variety of conditions.

I will be looking at SN as well, as I like a variety of tools in my tool box.