HTC one no updates available still on base firmware.

Lulabelle82

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

apologies for the straight in question being a newbie but I couldn't really find this question or the answer when searching the forum. So hi to all initially.

I bought an HTC one from Ebay that is in perfect working order no scratches etc etc and all is well. It is unlocked and originally appears to have been on Vodaphone. I don't think it was locked by the provider initially and from a quick basic look in to firmware menu(hold power and press down volume i think it was) it doesn't appear to have been flashed from what I have read online.

However, whenever i go to updates in the phone it says no updates available. It is still on the initial firmware released with the HTC one phones. I have checked my other half's phone and she is on a 4.3 release of firmware.

I have looked all over the internet at how to resolve this issue and if I can update the phone manually but I can't see it anywhere. I have taken the phone to two phone shops but the people that worked at them were really useless and it was as if they'd never seen an HTC phone before.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Lou

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there an HTC software you could install on your computer to let that try to find the update? I know that works with Samsung phones, but don't really own an HTC to confirm. What I can tell you, though, is that when I bought an unlocked phone for a friend, we couldn't get it to update neither via OTA nor using Samsung Kies; his was an AT&T unlocked to work in Mexico.

Lulabelle82

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the UK and use a giffgaff sim in the phone. I tried to download the HTC manager from their website but it didn't seem to offer anything in the way of software updates, unless someone can direct me to an area of it I should be looking at?

Thanks for the reply and thanks to others in advance.

Cheers

Lou

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could also try using a Vodaphone SIM just to check for the update and download using WiFi. Of course, you'd need a Vodaphone SIM for this.

killerjoe

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Unless u got an unlocked developers edition u will never get the ota udates
It happened to me to u have to root and flash the file or for me flash a custom Rom which I did and I chose viper Rom and loving it

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo