Google music question

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased my first album on Google music and downloaded for offline listening. I'd like to transfer the album to my PC and then burn a disc. Is this possible? I connected my phone to the computer but couldn't find the album in any of the files. Any suggestions on how I can get a CD burned? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Downloading music directly from Google Play Music onto your phone is intended for offline listening on that device only--you won't be able to find the mp3 files easily. It's kind of a soft way of discouraging rampant file sharing. But you can download the album directly to your computer from your Google Play Music library page. Once downloaded to your computer, you can do whatever you want with it. Keep in mind Google Play Music will allow you to download a given album a total of two times, so if you do download it, keep the files safe somewhere.

If you install the Google Music Manager program on your computer, you can download music an unlimited number of times through that program--but it can be inconvenient, because you can only choose to download your entire library, or just your purchased and free music.

Dec077

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
All the more reason to use Amazon mp3 downloads: no DRM, just download to you PC, backup, transfer to new PCs, mobile devices, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not actually DRM. Once you download it on your computer, you can do whatever you want with it. You just can't do that directly on your phone.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Dec077

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not actually DRM. Once you download it on your computer, you can do whatever you want with it. You just can't do that directly on your phone.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

My mistake, then.

Does the Play Store allow music downloads to a PC? I organise my music on my PC before copying to the Music folder on my m7 (HTC Sync Manager is a pain for syncing anything other than Outlook contacts).

And is it [generally] cheaper than Amazon?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you go to the Google Music website for your music library, you can select an album to download to your computer. It will only let you do this twice for each album, so keep any downloads somewhere safe.

If you use the Google Music Manager program on your computer, you can download your entire library an unlimited number of times, but the catch is that you have to either download it all, or just your free and purchased music.

EDIT: Hmm, just realized that I essentially repeated what I said a few posts back! 😃

Amazon seems to have more sales, but I think Google music has higher bitrate tracks (320 kbps).

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Downloading music directly from Google Play Music onto your phone is intended for offline listening on that device only--you won't be able to find the mp3 files easily. It's kind of a soft way of discouraging rampant file sharing. But you can download the album directly to your computer from your Google Play Music library page. Once downloaded to your computer, you can do whatever you want with it. Keep in mind Google Play Music will allow you to download a given album a total of two times, so if you do download it, keep the files safe somewhere.

If you install the Google Music Manager program on your computer, you can download music an unlimited number of times through that program--but it can be inconvenient, because you can only choose to download your entire library, or just your purchased and free music.

Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol