Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gotten unlock code from t-mobile but need a different carrier sim ...

Hello,

I requested an unlock code for my HTC One M7. I have T-Mobile. I received the code a day later but it's states I need to insert a foreign sim then it will pop up to enter the code. I didn't know of this since in the past I only had Blackberry and when I unlocked it was done within the settings of the OS.

My question is can I just buy a sim card that's not actually activated from another carrier and try it? Or the sim from the other carrier has to be activated? Most ppl I know either uses tmobile/sprint or metro. So that's why I'm asking if I should just purchase a non activated sim. Anyone with experience with using unlock codes?

Please help,

Thanks

Default Re: Gotten unlock code from t-mobile but need a different carrier sim ...

I bought a cheap Red Pocket sim on Amazon for a few pennies and used that. I didn't need to sign up for an account. It worked like a charm.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Gotten unlock code from t-mobile but need a different carrier sim ...

Thanks, someone gave me an old sim they wasn't using for a diff carrier and it worked.