Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Problems

For the past couple of days I've been having some strange battery problems. I can have my phone on and the battery is at 100%. Then I'll shut it off and turn it back on a few hours later and my battery would drop a significant percentage like 30% or so. It doesn't just do this when the phone is fully charged it will do it when the battery is at any percentage. I just want to know has this happened to anybody else?

Sense 6 Android 4.4.2

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Battery Problems

It's likely that your battery is nearing the end of its life cycle, since it's depleting its charge when it's not in use. You could try to re-calibrate the battery reading, though, and see if that helps a bit. Just charge your phone to 100%, unplug it and let it run out of battery (it'll shut itself off). Charge to 100% again, and continue to use as normal. This should help get more accurate readings from your battery, and if it is indeed nearing the end of its lifespan, you should notice that your battery now depletes 'faster' (which is not really true, it's just that now you're getting more accurate readings).

That's not how you calibrate your battery. Hold down your power button, and volume up and down buttons at the same time. It will cycle several times. After 2 minutes let go.

The only other thing you could try is the Battery Life Repair app. That may help.

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by neo905 View Post
    That's not how you calibrate your battery. Hold down your power button, and volume up and down buttons at the same time. It will cycle several times. After 2 minutes let go.

The only other thing you could try is the Battery Life Repair app. That may help.

Thanks! Just tried it! I'm hoping this helps! If not I'll do a factory reset.