Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Purple camera tint.

Okay, so camera always worked perfectly. Yesterday received KitKat update 4.4.2 and now in low light conditions my camera has a purple hue.

This is not a hardware issue. It is clearly a software issue and the 4.4.2 KitKat update appears to be garbage. My girlfriend has the exact same issue since updating to 4.4.2.

Any ideas on a fix?

Default Re: Purple camera tint.

We see this a lot at our shop and there is a thread here addressing the issue. I can't post links yet but "htc one purple camera" on google will take you to it.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Thanks.

Sent my low light purple picture taking HTC One (M7) in (after calling CS and getting a shipping label) and they replaced the phone with another in pristine condition. Three days before the end of the 1 year warranty.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    Sent my low light purple picture taking HTC One (M7) in (after calling CS and getting a shipping label) and they replaced the phone with another in pristine condition. Three days before the end of the 1 year warranty.
    What country are you in? Called HTC earlier and was told all European HTCs come with a two year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlee View Post
    What country are you in? Called HTC earlier and was told all European HTCs come with a two year warranty.
    twelve months in USA

Okay, so camera always worked perfectly. Yesterday received KitKat update 4.4.2 and now in low light conditions my camera has a purple hue.

This is not a hardware issue. It is clearly a software issue and the 4.4.2 KitKat update appears to be garbage. My girlfriend has the exact same issue since updating to 4.4.2.

Any ideas on a fix?
    Well it is a hardware failure. sometimes it can get fixed with software but thats rare.
    anyway id say try to google it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    Well it is a hardware failure. sometimes it can get fixed with software but thats rare.
    anyway id say try to google it.
    I spoke to HTC and was told that it is a known problem with the camera in the HTC One m7, and the KitKat update shows the fault, which the ICS software version did not. So, yeah it is a problem with the cameras in the HTC One m7s.

To be honest mine doesn't suffer from the purple hue that badly and its only seen in low light conditions. I have seen much worse. I can live with the camera how it is.

I spoke to HTC and was told that it is a known problem with the camera in the HTC One m7, and the KitKat update shows the fault, which the ICS software version did not. So, yeah it is a problem with the cameras in the HTC One m7s.

To be honest mine doesn't suffer from the purple hue that badly and its only seen in low light conditions. I have seen much worse. I can live with the camera how it is.
    Oh ok didn know that
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    Oh ok didn know that
    Well in fact you were right. It is a hardware problem, but it only shows up due to the KitKat update.

I found this out after my original post.

Well in fact you were right. It is a hardware problem, but it only shows up due to the KitKat update.

You might wanna send it in to get repaired anyway. It's not that bad YET on yours. It could get worse/become unusable after your chance to get it fixed!

HTC m7 s-off, unlocked, rooted.

Yea right but you should be able to fix it yourself by watching a YouTube video about how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pandagiraffe View Post
    You might wanna send it in to get repaired anyway. It's not that bad YET on yours. It could get worse/become unusable after your chance to get it fixed!

HTC m7 s-off, unlocked, rooted.
    Well I'd fix it my self if I was him.😁

I had this issue, shop replaced the phone for me