Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dogs OfWar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M7)

So. I had exchange not long ago and my new phone seams to have same problem .. Mobile signal seams to gradually going away during phone call...
    4G then to H then 3G then E and then cross No signal but call does not get dropped ... Please see the screenshot
    View image: Screenshot 2014 08 20 11 57 48

Can you check your phones if you have same problem or it's just mine ...

Default Re: HTC One (M7)

Your phone will go to 3G/H during a call on purpose to save battery. Voice traffic doesn't flow over LTE (for now anyway) so when all it's doing is voice it will drop to the network that makes most sense. But going to Edge never makes sense. In the screen shot it shows no data which is more of a symptom of the bad SIM card connections these phones suffer from.

Take the SIM card out and on the plastic side put a piece of Scotch tape about the same size (but not bigger) as the SIM and slide it back in. That should give you a more firm connection and has entirely solved the network dropping for me.
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy and Griffin Walter like this.

What wireless service do you have, and how is the network in general around you? Does the signal die while you're in the exact same location? Are you using the same SIM card as the last phone? If so, I would ask for a new SIM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm in UK and use EE. SIM is relatively new but do have opportunity to check different SIM.. For now I stick a tape as Dogs OfWar advised..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

it dies regardless where I am. I use same SIM as the last phone. EE charge £10 for SIM replacement so I have to be 100% sure that it's SIM faulty

Really, they charge you money for a faulty SIM that they gave you? I'd try to dispute that charge.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

tape doesn't work and I also used other SIM card and I'm on the phone with my misses and I see cross near signal bars but call isn't dropped... Just the same as you can see on previous screenshot

@B. Diddy yes they do charge for new SIM no matter what you tell them

How cool , had anyone seen the issue before?