Dust under htc one front camera

mrdw

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg
My HTC one m7 has somehow accumulated a lot of dust under its front camera, which really effects the photos. There's no damage to the front camera or phone and it's been kept in good condition, but HTC won't repair it under warranty so I'm reluctant to send it off with a minimum £27 charge just to get my phone back. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or know how much it costs to fix? Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that the speaker grill cover has gapped and that the dust is coming in from the speaker grill area. Have you tried compressed air? If as I suspect it is gapped there you could maybe use compressed air and blow in from the speaker area towards the camera and clear some of that up. At least make it usable again. Of course you are then blowing dust into the phone, however if there is that much dust under the cover there is already dust inside. The speaker grill is just held on by adhesive so you could attempt a more in depth approach. How-tos' on YouTube tell how to remove the grill. The only thing is that you would likely have to replace the adhesive tape, so you may want watch a few videos and weigh your options.

Gaeun Cheom

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 135614
My HTC one m7 has somehow accumulated a lot of dust under its front camera, which really effects the photos. There's no damage to the front camera or phone and it's been kept in good condition, but HTC won't repair it under warranty so I'm reluctant to send it off with a minimum £27 charge just to get my phone back. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or know how much it costs to fix? Thanks

I had preciesly the same problem until i solved it today. I dropped my htc one m7 on the ground at the front camera side so at the edge was a bit cracked so the dust could easily get in. (The crack wasnt that visible at all)
so eventually my front camera is kinda giving me a cloudy pic effect.
So just now I took something small and steady which could easily fit in to the little crack, I've tried to separate the housing/crack abit from the camera and sticked a needle in between to reach the camera housing glass and scrubed abit and viola. Dust is gone.

So to be able to attach the front housing back to his place properly. I have super glued the cracked part and held it tight for around 10 minutes and viola. My problem is solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae