HTC Desire One M7 not recieving calls

jking123

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My HTC One M7 after having it a few days developed an intermittent fault, most calls would not get through to my phone.

To fix I tried the following
The 02 shop changed the sim, this made no difference.
We then send it back 3 times, no faults found, no fix
They have now sent me a new phone, and the fault is still happening. I have checked the settings and 02 is set as my phone provider.

No problems with this sim or the old one in my old phone (HTC Desire C) it works perfectly, no issues at all. I now don't know what is going on, as the sim works fine in my old phone, and even with 2 different HTC Desire C M7 I still have the fault. Any suggestions? 02 have said they cant give me another brand of phone, this contract started in late July, and I have barely used the new phone due to these problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it matter who's trying to call? Does the signal indicator always show strong signal?

jking123

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It affects everyone trying to call me, the signal is mostly OK, sometimes a bit low as they say they are doing work on the masts in my area. The strange thing is everything works perfectly on my old phone, it only happens with the HTC one, not my HTC desire C I am having to use until this is all fixed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this has to do with VoLTE? Do you know if they might be testing it on O2 in your area? Or if they're starting to roll it out? The M7 should be VoLTE compatible, but I would imagine the Desire C isn't.

jking123

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I talked to someone at o2 today, and they told me to turn 4G off, now almost all the calls are getting through, still not all of them though. They are due to call me tomorrow to see If that fixed it, so I will mention VoLTE.

jking123

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
After lots of time on the phone to o2, we worked out that it is definitely a problem with the signal in my area when 4g is enabled on my phone no calls get through, as soon as I put it onto 3g, about 90% of the calls get through, they are now going to look into the issue in my area. All this started on the day 4G was switched on in my town and they were doing work on the masts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you figured it out and I hope they fix it soon!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc