Software update to 5.05

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just did this update and it seems to have taken care of the Smith issue everybody was having.
Has anyone noticed any other changes?

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I received it as well (Sprint). As I mentioned in the Smith Expired thread it seems to have resolved my problem with this Smith Expired notification that consistently popped up on a re-boot. Other than that I have no idea what is new. Does anybody know what else this updated included?

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I received it as well (Sprint). As I mentioned in the Smith Expired thread it seems to have resolved my problem with this Smith Expired notification that consistently popped up on a re-boot. Other than that I have no idea what is new. Does anybody know what else this updated included?

Sorry, TIM98TA, I just realized you previously posted the same thread as I did.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my phone and they removed the flashlight app. I am a bit annoyed about this. I'm looking into it right now.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my phone and they removed the flashlight app. I am a bit annoyed about this. I'm looking into it right now.

Online chat with HTC confirms that the flashlight app is removed with this update, no reason given why.
Their response is to download a third party app. :(

AgentRamiro R.
I'm sorry but that app was remove from the update
4:09:38 PM AgentRamiro R.
As I told you before please search for one free flashlight app

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
With the HTC One (M7), when talking on a phone call using your left ear most people encountered a proximity sensor problem that would bring down the notification bar and activate airplane mode or terminate the phone call.

I wonder if this issue has been resolved with this update?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Snoopwall has the safest flashlight app with the least permissions!

I RECEIVED A SRINT UPDATE for my EVO 4g LTE that fixed alot of security problems that were piling up. 16.59mb and 44 apps I believe. It took care of the remaining MASTERKEY vulnerabilities. And other Google patches they have been delinquent on shipping. Not sure if the secure update flaw is fixed,but the scanner I have says no still. So I can unload at least a few of these security scanners now.

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called smart tools that has a nice flashlight along with several other very useful tools such as magnifying glass, compass, ruler, level, unit conversion, square, etc. that I highly recommend.

geoffzilla

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I posted separately about this, but I don't use the forums much. Perhaps it's better addressed here. I updated and am now having problems with "enable group mms" in the messaging app becoming unchecked several times a day.

Posted via Android Central App

herthh

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
"Smith Problem"? Could you be more erratic, I am asking?
Probably closely related to the Jones Syndrome, which we all have.