Phone starting music playback at odd times

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In the last few weeks, my M7 will start music playback (whether from Play Music or my podcast app) at weird times. Not out of the blue, but sometimes when a call comes in (which is obviously annoying since it then becomes a scramble to turn it off and explain to the caller what is happening). Or, it will happen when I give my phone a voice command, after the command is over it will start, as if it is resuming after having paused for the command (even thought it hadn't been on before).

Anyone else ever get this, or any suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing this via the phone or through a bluetooth headset? Maybe the headset (or any other connecting BT devices) are sending the RESUME MEDIA command incorrectly...

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing this via the phone or through a bluetooth headset? Maybe the headset (or any other connecting BT devices) are sending the RESUME MEDIA command incorrectly...

That is a good point. The resuming after a voice command or a call does, indeed happen when using bluetooth, but the more recent thing where it just starts playing music when I answer a call is when it is not using bluetooth. So, maybe it is two different issues.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It might be that after taking the call your bluetooth headset reconnects and THEN sends the resume media command. Is the headset near when that happens? You could try turning BT off and test this with a call.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
When the call comes in, the bluetooth doesn't seem to be engaged at all. The symbol at the top of the screen doesn't change to show a device connected, and it doesn't happen every time. It has happened three times in the last few days, so I will have to see what is going on when the music is triggered. The false "resume" after a voice action happens only with bluetooth and happens every time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would try the BT off for a while, then go back to 'normal' and see if that makes a difference. That way we can isolate this at least to a BT issue, whether it's with the phone or an external device connecting to it.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would try the BT off for a while, then go back to 'normal' and see if that makes a difference. That way we can isolate this at least to a BT issue, whether it's with the phone or an external device connecting to it.

Yes, that is a good plan of attack. Annoying since I use bluetooth for music in my car all the time. Oh, well, aux will work for a while for testing.