no getting notifications for facebook messenger or gmail

lenron

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I installed the latest software update for HTC one a few days ago which rectified calling issues, I no longer get notifications for facebook messenger or gmail. In fact Gmail is no longer pushed and requires manual refresh. I've checked the settings for sync, restarted my phone and even uninstalled and re installed.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked the refresh settings for either? Not sure which app you are using for email but it may have a refresh rate that is adjustable, for instance I'm refreshing every 30 mins instead of every 15. FB may also have a refresh rate however I have noticed that I'm not getting as many push notifications as I used to, but at the same time I'm not missing them so I haven't looked for a refresh rate for that app. It could be an app thing. You might also check your sync settings for the phone to see if the update disabled the auto refresh for either of those apps.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been having the same issue since that service pack. I'm still looking for a solution and will let you know what I find.

The only notifications that seem to work for me are the ones that come from my corporate Exchange server.

FB, Words with Friends, Gmail, etc are all broken.

Update: I booted into recover and cleared cache. Gmail notifications now show up but they're delayed by 5 minutes or more from when the emails actually show up.

Last edited:

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been messing around with this throughout the day and I haven't found a good way to fix it.

The only sure way to get push notifications to work is to disable Google Services Framework, wait a few minutes for all the processes to die and then enable GSF.

It looks like whatever HTC did in fixing the audio problems on phone calls broke push notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888