HTC One Can't Update With Root?

2DTheBeast

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok please bare with me I'm new to the rooting scene. Ok, so as some of you may know there's a new update (6.10.531.10 - something about audio issues). So, I keep getting the notification to update and I've been trying to update for a while. Now, my phone (HTC One T-mobile) is rooted and every time I tried updating it would take me to the TeamWIN reboot thing (I don't know what to call that). So, I did some research and it turns out I had to install a stock recovery, update, then reinstall my custom recovery. So, I did install a custom recovery and everything is fine (not sure If it was, but my CID is TMOB010, something like that). However, the problem occurs everytime I press install it reboots fine and it goes into the green triangle downloading, then it goes all the way or close to it and it switches to a Red Triangle With an Exclamation Mark, and theres nothing I can do from there. The only thing I can do from there is hold the power button and wait for it to restart and it goes back to normal, and the cycle repeats again. Can someone please help me?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can tell you is if you are rooted and want an update the best way to do that is to download a new rom and install that. You'll have to back up all your apps using Titanium Backup along with anything else you might want like text messages. Then go into recovery and make a nandroid back up and wipe your phone and install the new rom with updated software.

That's how I've always done it. Once you root, you give up updating via ota. It's not bad once you get used to it.