Re: .mp4 files not visible to PC?

DM Carson

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

Shot a lot of video with my Re: this weekend at the Seattle aquarium (including underwater in the petting tank). When I connect my phone (HTC 10) to my PC, most of those vids show up with a reasonable file name and proper .mp4 designator, but file sizes of 0 bytes. On the phone, they're there & play perfectly.

PC is Alienware running Win 10. Any advice? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! When you connect to the computer, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon--is MTP selected, or something else? Also, what happens if you try to drag and drop the file to the computer hard drive--still 0 bytes?

DM Carson

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! When you connect to the computer, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon--is MTP selected, or something else? Also, what happens if you try to drag and drop the file to the computer hard drive--still 0 bytes?

I connected as a media device.

It was after a copy/paste in windows file manager from my phone to its' drive that the files turned up listed as 0 bytes. They still exist & play fine on the phone, but I want to move them off to other storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you try to copy a massive amount of video at one time? I find that copying a huge amount of data in one operation can sometimes lead to odd data errors. What happens if you copy one or just a few videos at a time?