blinking orange light

sean67854

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's Rhyme has an orange blinking light when plugged in and won't turn on. I've left it plugged in for almost an hour and nothing changes. Has she toasted her battery?

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
i've noticed, with my rhyme, the battery takes a while to charge. it may just need some extra time, especially if it was completely drained.

eddiecanuck

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well the solid orange is the battery charging indicator. Not sure what the flashing orange means. Check the user's guide and see if it says anything. But if it's not charging or turning on, take it into the Verizon store and see about getting a replacement.

duster22

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Fixed my EVO blinking amber/orange light by changing the charging cable; I saw this suggestion on another post. My Evo would not turn on or charge whether plugged into my computer via USB or into a wall outlet. After plugging in with an extra charging cable I had, the amber/orange light blinked a few times and then became solid. At this point my Evo was able to be powered on.

vladipus

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is what helped me on my Sensation XE. I have removed the case, reinserted the battery, held the power button down for a while (with the case still removed) and my phone turned on! This might seem strange, but it worked with the removed case only. It couldn't find the SIM-card on the first run though, but after reinserting the battery once again, everything was fine.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Only problem with that is you can't pull the battery on the Rhyme. I'd hold the power button down for 10 seconds and see what happens. Seems to be the only diagnostic tool for it at all.

EDCfriend

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I read that the blinking orange means not connected properly. So i jammed the battery in there and held it with my thumb. After a couple times i guess the connection got better and it worked. I think like all electronics nothing lasts forever. After I slowly took my thumb off it stayed solid red for charging. Then put it down gently and milk it while you can ;)

Danni Here

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So my phone wouldn't turn on, and my mom tried taking the battery out but we soon figured out that there was no way to do so. I tried charging it and all I got was a blinking orange light. I don't know what happened, it was fine the day before and I did nothing with it. What did you do when this happened to you??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy