Rhyme Keeps Asking if She Wants to Connect via Wifi

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My lady has a Rhyme, and she likes it in general. But even though we've turned off WiFi, and unchecked the box that says to ask if she wants to enable it, the phone still throws the question out there sporadically.
anybody else experiencing this? Did you fix it? What'd ya do?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Think I figured this one out. You can disable wifi all you want in Settings. But it's when you dock where it tries to enable it again. By default, it is set to try to use wifi.

To be clear, this is for those who do not wish to use wifi.

In dock mode, go to menu, settings. There is a check box that tells it to enable wifi there. So when you put it in the dock, it disregards what you've set in the wifi section. I unchecked that tonight, so tomorrow I should know if this fixed the wifi issue we were having.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Rhyme yesterday...I saw this exact problem as well.

I kept shutting wifi off, but somehow, it kept re-appearing. Then I turned off the notification that would have wifi notify me anytime a new wifi network was able to be connected to. That seemed to help. Then, last night, somewhere between playing with the dock, and that stupid wifi notification, I noticed it said "do not turn wifi on automatically". I selected that and haven't seen it happen since.

I don't see anything in the actual settings section of the phone to do this, but it did pop up for me last night in between taking the phone off the dock and playing with it. I would think it would pop up at some point when being placed on the dock and being taken off.

cobbcobbdavid

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I think this is VZW new wifi feature, as u can refer to their online manual page296, It indicate, When you're using an app that needs to connect to the Internet, HTC
Rhyme automatically scans for available Wi-Fi networks even if the Wi-Fi
check box in Wireless & networks settings is not selected.
If you don't want to connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Turn off Wi-Fi
but remind me later. To disable the Wi-Fi Enhanced Connectivity
feature, tap Do not automatically turn on Wi-Fi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol