Charm Notification

skipl

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Just got a Rhyme for Christmas and noticed that:

- the charm blinks only for text messages and phone calls, but not for IM messages notification (like Y! Messenger, Skype, etc) and Mail messages ... Is it possible to change this ? so the charm blinks for every type of notification

- the charms stops blinking after 5 minutes... is it possible to change it so it blinks until I clear the notifications ?

Thanks

WeaselWeaz

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Just got a Rhyme for Christmas and noticed that:

- the charm blinks only for text messages and phone calls, but not for IM messages notification (like Y! Messenger, Skype, etc) and Mail messages ... Is it possible to change this ? so the charm blinks for every type of notification

- the charms stops blinking after 5 minutes... is it possible to change it so it blinks until I clear the notifications ?

Thanks

It should blink for the stock Mail app, you may want to check the Charm settings. It isn't compatible with non-HTC apps so it does not work with Yahoo, Skype, etc.

jawman31

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
the charms stops blinking after 5 minutes

I just wanted to confirm the same problem on my wife's phone. After 5 minutes the notification charm and LED light turn off. This doesn't help if your away for more than 5 minutes from the phone. I also would like the option to turn on indefinitely until dismissed. Wonder if there is a way to change this somehow? Not a lot of tweak notes for this HTC Rhyme. Too bad, its a great phone.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the charm only blinks for that certain amount of time to conserve battery. Maybe there is an app out there to tweak it, but I haven't seen anything for it. Could be wrong, but that is just what I am seeing so far.