rhyme will eventually be getting ice cream sandwhich

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
This is excellent news, especially since there doesn't appear to be any dev support for it.
I can't even find a Recovery for the Rhyme! If anyone knows of one, plz post a link!
I was hoping someone would put out a debloated ROM that might make it a little more responsive. I figured that since the Devs for the Incredible made a rom out of the Bliss code, that there would at least be something.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
just when i was starting to worry that the rhyme's girly rep would hurt it's ICS chances, I saw this:

HTC adds more North American phones to Ice Cream Sandwich update list

so, yay. :)

Hey girl ... I have a question for you.

I own a Rezound but my friend might be getting a Rhyme. I don't know anything about the phone. Tell me, is it a nice and dependable phone?

We are happy that it will be getting ICS. I know she was hoping for 4G and she would like a Rezound, but she is a single mom and we didn't know she wanted a new phone while the Rezounds were $99. Amazon right now is offering the Rhyme for $19.99 for existing customers.

Thanks for your help!

Janet

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The Pros:
The rhyme is a cute phone. My girl has one. The color is nice, and the slim size and curvy edges of the phone makes it ideal for smaller female hands.
The docking station is great for either the office or on the nightstand, because it acts as both a clock or a bluetooth phone/music player. The audio is pretty good on the docking station. I bought my lady a second docking station for Xmas, so she'd have one for her desk at work too.
The battery life is better than almost every Android phone out there, except for maybe the RazrMaxx. But that one was built with battery life as their main selling point.
It runs Sense 3.5, which is a really slick user interface. You'll know about Sense 3.5 because your Rezound has it. I have a rooted Rezound running a custom ICS ROM built by NilsP, and I love it. But even the stock Rezound is great. The widgets and 3D carousel built into the Sense UI are outstanding, and give you a much cooler user experience than most non-HTC phones.
The camera is pretty good, and has a bunch of fun effects to play with.
It's going to get the ICS Upgrade!!! w00t!

The Cons:
For all it can do, they should have given it a beefier processor and more RAM. This makes the phone a little sluggish and laggy. I think they packed a little too much into this phone, which is basically a Purple Incredible with a better camera.
It's still 3G, so video uploads to Youtube can only be done via Wifi. 3G just isn't fast enough for that. Watching videos and downloading other content from the Web kinda sucks once you've tasted 4G.

Conclusion
If your friend is basically a Text/Facebook girl, this phone should do fine for her. If she needs fast web browsing and wants to watch videos on youtube, it's time to consider a 4G phone.

Best of luck!
The Beeb :cool:

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Beeb, for the great review.

Yes, she wants to watch video so she went to Best Buy to get the Rezound for a little less than what Verizon was offering.

Your review is very helpful!

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody get the update today? If so is it the Ice Cream Sandwich?

My girl's Rhyme tried to update, but it failed. I think because the bootloader was unlocked and it is rooted.
There was a Twitter update failure that was showing in recovery. I'll have to do some research on the rest.
Don't think it was ICS though. My Rezound was on the ICS list before the Rhyme, so I expect that the Rhyme will get it later in the year.

Reactions: Rigs49#AC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy