- 2 Posts
I am very very confused with unrooting my phone
First post for me.
I have got myself very confused. I have an HTC Sensation XE. When i first got it two years ago i rooted the phone. Including CLockworkmod.
I now have a new phone and my dad wants my Sensation. But he wants it back to factory settings without rooting etc. He likes to do the android software updates.
So i used HTC quick tool root, for the one click unroot. Which seemed to work fine, i then did a restore to factory settings. Which worked fine. I tested the device and it is indeed no longer rooted.
Android software version showing as 4.0.3. Downloaded the new software update. Tried to install it, phone powered down, then rebooted into clockworkmod recovery v22.214.171.124.
And in Clockworkmod it displays the following message:
Finding update package....
E:unknown volume for path [SDCARD:do wnload/OTA_"lots of stuff inbetween".zip]
E:can't mount SDCARDOWNLOAD/OTA...."lots of stuff inbetween"....zip
Any suggestions? They whole thing confuses me immensly
- 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM #2
- 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM #3
Re: I am very very confused with unrooting my phone
Your bootloader is still unlocked. You need to re-lock it and install the stock recovery. If you are only concerned with unrooting, which it looks like you did, then there shouldn't be any issues. Just make sure the device is updated to the latest software version and you'll be fine.
- By Teddy Jenkins in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM
- By RavenSword in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-03-2013, 01:43 PM
- By Ngalla4321 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 10-02-2013, 01:46 PM
- By wheels12 in forum HTC Wildfire SReplies: 0Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM
- By JonMichael411 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 10-02-2013, 08:14 AM