Does the HTC U 11 have an FM radio?

A

AC Question

htc u 11 i was wishing for fm radio anyone know either way ? if it has they have my cash.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It definitely does not have one. Many/Most manufacturers have stopped offering this feature in their phones. Besides a multitude of music streaming services, FM radio is available via apps also via online streaming. Many, if not most FM stations now broadcast a signal or two (or three or four) on the internet and there are apps that tap in to them. With these apps you can not only get local stations, but also stations from around the globe. TuneIN Radio is one of these programs, also Iheartradio. But there are plenty to choose from!

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Which doesn't help for people with limited or expensive data plans and when in areas of poor cell reception and especially ia bad in the case of any national emergencies

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It didn't help for people in small towns who local radio stations aren't online either...

But to answer the original question HTC never enables the radio chip so apps like next radio or just radio apps in the store won't work on it

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It didn't help for people in small towns who local radio stations aren't online either...

But to answer the original question HTC never enables the radio chip so apps like next radio or just radio apps in the store won't work on it

My HTC One M8 HK on Sprint works great with NextRadio

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One M8 HK on Sprint works great with NextRadio
The m8 had the radio chip enabled... I was speaking about the HTC 10 and newer...

I had a m8 and I used the radio app that came on the phone often I was disappointed when HTC support told me that it isn't enabled anymore

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there a big push recently to enable the FM chips? I seem to remember Next Radio being all excited about carriers agreeing to turn them on.

Now they are on the way out already? lmao, ok.

In the event of a disaster, you're gonna wish you had it if the cell sites are down. Oh well, carry a radio I guess.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there a big push recently to enable the FM chips? I seem to remember Next Radio being all excited about carriers agreeing to turn them on.

Now they are on the way out already? lmao, ok.

In the event of a disaster, you're gonna wish you had it if the cell sites are down. Oh well, carry a radio I guess.

Most chipsets have FM. Even the newer 835 does. Surprisingly the S8+ has it activated with some carriers. Works well and has already come in handy a few times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis