Battery Life

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how well the HTC U11 does in terms of battery life. I have the S8 and with the same battery 3000 mah I am getting around 20-24 hours and 3+ hours of SOT, which is pretty nice. I'd say that the S8 battery life is about 10% better than my HTC 10, and I was fine with the battery life of my HTC 10.

Still not sure about the HTC U11 and I am liking the form factor and screen real estate on the S8. But I will want to see the HTC U11 in person and see how well the edge sense works. Of course, I will also want to wait for some real life battery life feedback once people have this phone and start using it.

I will say, that with the quick charge it really does take battery life down in importance since 30 mins can juice the phone up to 50%.

I'm assuming that perhaps the LED screen will cause a touch more power consumption that the S8 OLED, but not sure if that is a correct assumption.

For those people that are lucky enough to have the phone right now, how is batter life for you?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for starting this thread! I, too, am very curious to know about battery life. I've wanted an HTC phone for years and this one makes me want to pull the trigger when it's time for my (yearly... Sort of) upgrade.

Once we see some real-life battery stats and testing, I'm sure we'll all be in a better position to make an informed choice. Also, like you, I really want to see the phone up close and hold it in person to see how it feels in the hand.

aknotts66

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how well the HTC U11 does in terms of battery life. I have the S8 and with the same battery 3000 mah I am getting around 20-24 hours and 3+ hours of SOT, which is pretty nice. I'd say that the S8 battery life is about 10% better than my HTC 10, and I was fine with the battery life of my HTC 10.

Still not sure about the HTC U11 and I am liking the form factor and screen real estate on the S8. But I will want to see the HTC U11 in person and see how well the edge sense works. Of course, I will also want to wait for some real life battery life feedback once people have this phone and start using it.

I will say, that with the quick charge it really does take battery life down in importance since 30 mins can juice the phone up to 50%.

I'm assuming that perhaps the LED screen will cause a touch more power consumption that the S8 OLED, but not sure if that is a correct assumption.

For those people that are lucky enough to have the phone right now, how is batter life for you?
According to anandtech reviews I've read the difference between AMOLED and LCD is negligeble unless you use a ton of absolutely black themes with an AMOLED screen. So it's probly pretty close. Battery life should be the same or better since ur without a lot of samsungs bloat and other features running in the background.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
According to anandtech reviews I've read the difference between AMOLED and LCD is negligeble unless you use a ton of absolutely black themes with an AMOLED screen. So it's probly pretty close. Battery life should be the same or better since ur without a lot of samsungs bloat and other features running in the background.

Absolutely true! When you buy unlocked, you eliminate a ton of bloatware.

James Graham5

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, thought I would drop in. Got my handset yesterday, charged it to 100%, got to 18 hours and it was 20%, and I had 5 hours of screen on time. This included playing games like Rollercoaster Tycoon Touch, Facebook, Twitter, Google Play Music on loudspeaker, through the headphones and casting to my Google Home speaker. Took a few photos, messed around with Edge Sense too. So for me, I am probably using it a lot more than what I normally do, and expect it to very easily last me 24hrs. This also included overnight which saw no use and a drop of 2% over an 8 hour period.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see if any of the new adopters of the phone will set up boost+ it actually is a great app when used on HTC on the 10 and newer phones and it somehow helps with battery without hindering syncs like battery saving apps typically do.

I advise everyone to check it out if you haven't... There are other great things like app lock too

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
My battery isnt faring as well, but it depends what you have running I guess. But it is better than my old phone :)

Hope it's just a case of needing to give it a few days to settle in. Just got mine yesterday and while the overnight standby was great (3 percent in nearly 10 hours) the in-use performance was not. Went from 100 to 90 during a three-hour period in which I snapped a few photos, texted and used Uber. Haven't even put any other apps on it yet because we were in a hurry yesterday. What I didn't do was notice if we were in a strong cell signal area, but based on the battery report today, I'm thinking that might have been it. I still need to take this to the known Verizon weak spots to see what's going to happen without a CDMA band.

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the 1st 10% goes down real quick. From 90 -70 goes a bit slower. But from 70 to 50, takes ages and ages. I listen to music most of day (lucky to have a job like that) and watch Netflix in my lunch break at the coffee shop. Presently it is at 47 % . So from 06:00 at 94% to now (14:30) it has done remarkably well for what I have used it for.

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Battery optimisation is kicking in now.

I havent had to charge at all even after heavey use. Saturday is my lowest usuage day and had 50% left when I went to bed.

Well impressed