What's everyone's problem with lack of the 3.5 audio jack?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get it. Can someone please explain to me why it's such a big deal. The only negative I can see is the fact that you can't charge while using the earphones. I have never charged my phone while using the earphones but can see where others may want to do both. The benefits outweigh the negatives for me. From someone I trust who has had a test U11 for a while has said the sound through the included earphones is the best he has ever heard. He said the sound is better than the HTC 10 and the Samsung S8. In fact he said the there is no comparison between the U11 and the S8. They are noise cancelling earphones. It comes with an adapter​ for use with 3.5 earphones. I just don't get it.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For me, I have a decent pair of headphones that I like to use. If I lose the adapter then I have to pay for a new one. Also as you said, charging while using the adapter since some people use an aux cable in car while also charging. That now requires a dongle with two inputs.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There is no issue. It is all about personal preference. For me I use Bluetooth​ 90% of the time. No 3.5mm is just fine for me.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I listen to a lot of music, I have Bluetooth headphones but get annoyed at the batteries needing to charge and have 2 nice sets of wired headphones I prefer to use.

My main form of music is AUX in my car, I don't have Bluetooth and from my experience pairing my phone to vehicles I've been in or driven that have it, it's an annoying hassle and doesn't work flawlessly.

I also plug my phone into a set of computer speakers at home for music.

Basically I use my head phone jack daily, every phone/tablet/computer I own has one. Why switch to wireless or deal with an adapter if I don't need to? Besides excluding Apple all the popular phones still have one.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I listen to a lot of music, I have Bluetooth headphones but get annoyed at the batteries needing to charge and have 2 nice sets of wired headphones I prefer to use.

My main form of music is AUX in my car, I don't have Bluetooth and from my experience pairing my phone to vehicles I've been in or driven that have it, it's an annoying hassle and doesn't work flawlessly.

I also plug my phone into a set of computer speakers at home for music.

Basically I use my head phone jack daily, every phone/tablet/computer I own has one. Why switch to wireless or deal with an adapter if I don't need to? Besides excluding Apple all the popular phones still have one.

What's so hard about using an adapter. I use both Bluetooth and wired. When I just want to view a short video or listen to a song or two I just grad a pair of Bluetooth earphones. If I am planning on listening to music or videos for an extended period of time I want to be wired. I just don't have a problem buying a couple of extra adapters. They are only $11.99 from HTC. Seems like a small price to pay for a better audio experience. For audiophiles like myself it makes zero sense to complain about better audio.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
What's so hard about using an adapter. I use both Bluetooth and wired. When I just want to view a short video or listen to a song or two I just grad a pair of Bluetooth earphones. If I am planning on listening to music or videos for an extended period of time I want to be wired. I just don't have a problem buying a couple of extra adapters. They are only $11.99 from HTC. Seems like a small price to pay for a better audio experience. For audiophiles like myself it makes zero sense to complain about better audio.

You and a question he supplied an answer. As he stated it's his preference, he didn't say it was so hard.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It comes with an adapter, so I'm sold. I don't listen to music while my phone is charging, however, so I don't really see this as a concern.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You and a question he supplied an answer. As he stated it's his preference, he didn't say it was so hard.

I understand that. What HTC did was give you drastically improved audio over USB C. The 3.5 jack has its limits. Just like the old CRT TV's had their limits. That's why we have the new wide screen HD TV's. For many it was a big inconvenience because wide screen TV's wouldn't fit in their TV cabinet or someplace else. But people adjusted because they wanted better quality. Well I want better audio and the only way to get it is with change. I welcome the change.

From records to reel to reel= change
From reel to reel to 8 track= change
From 8 track to cassette= change
From cassette to CD= change
From CDs to digital music= change

All for the better and all had an inconvenience attached to them. Inconveniences​ may have included buying an entire new album collection, new amps, new players, entire new sound system, cables and ADAPTERS.

This is part I not getting. One little adapter. Really. When people started buying HD TV's they had to buy component cables, HDMI cables and DVI cables at very expensive price. Some as much as$150. But I never heard anyone complain.

Now HTC gives you a better audio experience and gives you the adapter and people b***h. I just don't get.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched to Bluetooth headphones and devices like 4 years ago. The lack of 3.5mm audio jack has not been a problem at all.

I do know some of my friends who are audiophiles have preferences on the headphones, headsets. So, to them this is an issue. But then I ask them if they use it with their phones or recording devices and usually I get the latter. So, don't see any issue there as well.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

It's not hard to use an adapter, but why use one if I don't need to? I'd rather not worry about carrying an adapter every where I go. It's about convenience, why make something harder and worry about something easy to lose?

My mind will change in the future when I have more Bluetooth audio in my life, but right now if I want to connect to my car, my speakers at home, my good headphones, most of my friends cars, my friends speaker systems, I NEED a cord.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's not hard to use an adapter, but why use one if I don't need to? I'd rather not worry about carrying an adapter every where I go. It's about convenience, why make something harder and worry about something easy to lose?

My mind will change in the future when I have more Bluetooth audio in my life, but right now if I want to connect to my car, my speakers at home, my good headphones, most of my friends cars, my friends speaker systems, I NEED a cord.

Everyone​ does things differently. I don't use Bluetooth much because the audio quality is not the same as wired. I basically use wired earphones, headphones and even an 3.5 aux cable to my car and home sound system. So for me I would buy a couple of extra adapters 1. For the house 2. For the car and have an extra laying around for use with other headphones. But I will probably use the earphones that come with the U11 for awhile since they are so good until I find another set of headphones that will work with the U11. I simple want the best audio I can have and if that comes with a little inconvenience so be it. I completely understand not wanting to carry around an adapter that's why I would just buy extras. I suppose convenience must be higher on some people's list than quality but I will always choose quality over convenience. I'm strange that way I guess.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Everyone​ does things differently. I don't use Bluetooth much because the audio quality is not the same as wired. I basically use wired earphones, headphones and even an 3.5 aux cable to my car and home sound system. So for me I would buy a couple of extra adapters 1. For the house 2. For the car and have an extra laying around for use with other headphones. But I will probably use the earphones that come with the U11 for awhile since they are so good until I find another set of headphones that will work with the U11. I simple want the best audio I can have and if that comes with a little inconvenience so be it. I completely understand not wanting to carry around an adapter that's why I would just buy extras. I suppose convenience must be higher on some people's list than quality but I will always choose quality over convenience. I'm strange that way I guess.

Do any high quality headphones/ earphones not work with the U11? And I mean both USB-C ones and regular 3.5mm ones with the adapter.

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Because people are set in their ways. We don't always like change. Myself, I am going to adapt to the new way of using headphones with usb-c and it also offers more than just headphones.

Somethings I just dont adapt to, my dedodrant company changed the smell and said new improved, it made me feel sick the smell. So I no longer use them :(

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is that it is still pretty different right now... Me personally I use the headphone jack a lot in my car and with the 1 pair of headphones I have... I would have to buy another adapter

I think I will just leave them attached to my cords that way I won't have to worry about carrying them around

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I think the issue is that it is still pretty different right now... Me personally I use the headphone jack a lot in my car and with the 1 pair of headphones I have... I would have to buy another adapter

I think I will just leave them attached to my cords that way I won't have to worry about carrying them around

That's exactly what I would do.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

This is what I use in my car to avoid cables.

TaoTronics Bluetooth Receiver / Car Kit, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QJ0W8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5824311

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith