Lame Question: I can't decide what color to get!

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting things together to get my U11, but I'm having trouble deciding between the Blue and Silver. I've been trying to look for videos or pictures with the colors. I'm super excited not to have a black/silver phone, but has anybody actually seen these colors in person? Is the silver actually more blue than silver? Since blue is my favorite color, should I just go with sapphire blue?

Thanks for helping me figure out my lame question!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting things together to get my U11, but I'm having trouble deciding between the Blue and Silver. I've been trying to look for videos or pictures with the colors. I'm super excited not to have a black/silver phone, but has anybody actually seen these colors in person? Is the silver actually more blue than silver? Since blue is my favorite color, should I just go with sapphire blue?

My favorite color is blue also. I think I would get tired of the blue after awhile. So for me it's the silver. I think it's very unique and it does have the blue tint to it. Saw a picture of the black a couple of days ago and it has a dark green look to it at different angles and I am considering it also.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Had the U Ultra in Sapphire blue and it's more of a purple color. The silver is more like a very light blue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely NOT a lame question. Colours are super important. As someone who loves their white Honor 8, I can certainly tell you that colour matters. You'll be looking at this device for a long time - you need to like what it looks like!

I've heard some users across the HTC U11 forums say that the silver has different hues of blue in it according to different lighting. The Sapphire Blue does look quite beautiful, but to me, the Silver looks almost like a light blue according to some photos. It's very appealing. I'd opt for Silver though, if I was in your shoes!

I've Googled pictures of the U11 but as you mentioned, it's quite difficult to gauge what the colours would look like in different lighting. Hopefully we can get some pictures posted up on the forums so we can all have a better look!

Also, please let us know what you choose! Enjoy your U11!

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I'm also a bit of a sucker for "exclusive" items, and since I'm on T-mobile and not going to have the option for the phone in the first place, I'm leaning towards silver. Still up in the air though! I'm probably going to be waiting until it releases just in case they throw another, bigger discount coupon at me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I'm also a bit of a sucker for "exclusive" items, and since I'm on T-mobile and not going to have the option for the phone in the first place, I'm leaning towards silver. Still up in the air though! I'm probably going to be waiting until it releases just in case they throw another, bigger discount coupon at me.

Waiting to see if you can get a deal/coupon is a great idea.

Bruce_Wayne8887

May 18, 2017
Visit site

I'd say if u are in between and actual silver and blue the amazing silver might be ur best bet since it is kinda in between the two lol I got silver my self. Seems like such a unique color.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to get a case, does the colour matter?

Anyway I am getting black, about the only person on the forums who is :)

Clear cases for the win!

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw that a few other users around the forums are also getting black. :) Enjoy your device!

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've just pre-order sapphire blue. I've generally gone for grey or black. But I really like the blue for a change

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the silver color will have apparent changes in hue related to the ambient colors reflected in it. So, it will appear bluish when the skies are blue, reddish during sunrise or sunset, etc. It should be quite beautiful during the oil fires of the apocalypse. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49