Anyone giving up their S8 to get the U11?

Bruce_Wayne8887

May 18, 2017
Visit site
That would be a downgrade, IMO.
Depends on what u value tho. If looks are ur interest especially the front of the phone it might be or u need the best display but if u value speaker quality, performance, no bloat, or cost it's an upgrade. I think overall the HTC U11 is the better value and package. but that's my opinion.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
But also $150 less at $600 compared to $750. S8 is great phone packed with features for sure and is more futuristic, but IMO for $600 U11 is a great phone with SD 835 if you don't mind not having headphone jack and wireless charging.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I have the S8+ and I like it alot, but I am pretty sure you will see my S8+ on Swappa when my U11 gets here. I had the HTC Ultra and really liked it, but I buy and sell phone a lot. With all the bad review on it, the resell value would not hold. So sent it back. I think I will be holding on to the U11 for awhile.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I don't mind going without the wireless charging or headphones. I like Samsung Pay, but I don't have to have it. I like the idea of an unlocked phone though. I wonder what the updates will be like? Is HTC good about that?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind going without the wireless charging or headphones. I like Samsung Pay, but I don't have to have it. I like the idea of an unlocked phone though. I wonder what the updates will be like? Is HTC good about that?

Yes HTC is good with updates on the unlocked. Normally before Samsung phones. Haven't had a carrier phone in a long time so I have no idea how fast or slow updates come.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
U11 is looking to have a beast of a camera and the U Ultra does have a beast of a camera.
To me a phone is a phone. As long as it runs ok with the apps that I use, has at least a fair battery then I'm good, as long as the camera is great. I've actually considered the Lumia 950 or 950XL because of its camera.
Right now the U11 is at the top of my list, followed by the U Ultra.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
U11 is looking to have a beast of a camera and the U Ultra does have a beast of a camera.
To me a phone is a phone. As long as it runs ok with the apps that I use, has at least a fair battery then I'm good, as long as the camera is great. I've actually considered the Lumia 950 or 950XL because of its camera.
Right now the U11 is at the top of my list, followed by the U Ultra.
I bought a S8 for my lady friend and it's a nice phone. I personally don't like amoled screens and certainly not curved screens, however the S8 is a looker. Camera is very good also

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought a S8 for my lady friend and it's a nice phone. I personally don't like amoled screens and certainly not curved screens, however the S8 is a looker. Camera is very good also

I suppose I am in the minority because I find the S8 to be hideous. Don't like curved edges. I like bezels. I like capacitive buttons better than on screen buttons. The camera, sound and speed are phenomenal on the U11.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah HTC updates the unlocked models pretty quick and way before carrier models unlike Samsung and LG who for some reason sell the unlocked version and ignore them to update.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to wait until I can go in store and get my hands on it and see how it feels. While I love my s8+, the HTC is still one of my favorite phones I have ever had. I do love the wireless charging and Samsung pay. I have Samsung pay on my gear S3 so that's not to much of an issue. My issue would be the utter lack of customer service HTC consistently offers. It was so bad that HTC gave me the 10 for free with a free iceview case.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I like this S8 I bought on Swappa, but man that U11 is tempting. Anyone else have the S8 that is getting the itch to switch?

No way. As soon as the One Plus and some of the late summer flagships started coming out, I would have such buyer's remorse lol

Not that the U11 doesn't look great (it does), but it's a little late to the party imo. At this point I'm pretty happy with the S8, and will wait to see what the late summer/fall has to offer.

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your point... The U11 is late to the party, but your excited about the phones that are coming even later?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12