- 5 Posts
My phone will not respond to 'ROM'ing or 'ROOT'ing... HELP!
I tried posting before but no one is responding to my pleas! I have an HTC EVO V (Virgin Mobile). It has terrible reception -HORRIBLE- I have heard that there are ROMs and root apps that fix this, however, when I tried to put a ROM on my phone, it froze and I lost all my HTC clocks and I don't know what other damage was done but I am trying to put it back to it's normal state and start from scratch: Root it, ROM, kernel and everything. Can someone please help me? I don't know what I am doing and this is all very confusing to me! I would even be willing to send it out to a trust worthy party to have them fix it!
- 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM #2
- 197 Posts
- OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20
Re: My phone will not respond to 'ROM'ing or 'ROOT'ing... HELP!
Don't panic. If you achieved a "partial attempt" and the phone will still boot up for you to see clocks & other thing missing, then you're OK. Read the post by koopakid...How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot. I recommend watching the YouTube video...How To Root your HTC EVO V. VMRoms website has a great dev, LeslieAnn who has great instructions on the process. AndroidForums has good intel too. Research thru this info and you may find where your mistake was made. I'm not a dev myself, but I have rooted several phones. I can't really help you , but I can recommend this info hopefully to send you in the right direction. Good Luck.
- By tcfpodcast in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM
- By bduran727 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM
- By adellc3 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
- By dark96 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2011, 05:34 AM
- By QuasarZ in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM