Help: How do you uninstall rom/flash etc.?

tyang468

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, just recently, I've rooted my HTC Evo V 4G following this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-v-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/177998-how-root-rom-your-htc-evo-v-4g-htcdev-fastboot.html and all went well. My cellphone was faster then ever with great downloading speed for some reason.
Then I decided to install Harmonia and got through that as well. But then, I don't like Harmonia because somehow it slows my phone down, slow at downloading, takes longer to charge all of a sudden, says my phone is Sprint but its not (it's Virgin Mobile), and it lost my useful apps from stock and even some my first attempt to root (such as Maps/Navigation) and added some other apps to my phone that doesn't even work (Car Panel/Wifi Tether).

So, basically I just like to uninstall/remove Harmonia from my phone back to when I first rooted it. Is there a way to do that?
Any helpful post will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a noob to rooting so basically, I wouldn't know how to do a recovery either. So how would you do that or get even to the recovery image?

It would have been done by following the how-to guide on this forums. You can't root without a custom recovery, so you would have had to go into recovery at one time or another. If you didn't make a backup of stock Android that came on your phone, then you cannot "uninstall" Harmonia. By installing Harmonia, you erased everything your phone came with.

You, of course, would know this much if you had bothered to read the disclaimers on the guides you were following.

tyang468

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It would have been done by following the how-to guide on this forums. You can't root without a custom recovery, so you would have had to go into recovery at one time or another. If you didn't make a backup of stock Android that came on your phone, then you cannot "uninstall" Harmonia. By installing Harmonia, you erased everything your phone came with.

You, of course, would know this much if you had bothered to read the disclaimers on the guides you were following.

Actually, I was able to unroot my HTC EVO V following this guide: http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/561781-evo-v-4g-ruu-flashing-guide-unroot-guide.html
Got it back to stock with a stocked rom and then rerooted it with just SuperSU, and this time, avoided Harmonia and all went well again just like when I first rooted it.

You shouldn't bother to post if you don't plan on posting any valuable posts, 12th, you however, are of no help. Thank you for your pointless post fwelfth.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Why be a jerk about it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Why be a jerk about it

If stating the simple fact that problems arise only when people aren't paying attention makes me a jerk...

Then, fine, I'm a jerk.

Problems still only arise when people don't pay attention to what they're doing.

If you understand what "recovery" means when it's suggested, then you're the last person who should be trying to root your phone in the first place.

tyang468

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're just being a jerk about it, then don't bother posting. It's a waste in the network bandwidth of the forums. These forums are where people come to seek for oppurtunities and help, not for finding a jerk with a pathetic avatar.

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're just being a jerk about it, then don't bother posting. It's a waste in the network bandwidth of the forums. These forums are where people come to seek for oppurtunities and help, not for finding a jerk with a pathetic avatar.

So your response to my perception of being a jerk is to be a bigger jerk yourself?

And you're condemning me for being a "waste in the network bandwidth of the forums"?

Maybe you should practice what you preach, child.

PS: You suck at photoshop.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Rule #1 is to make a nand backup before flash anything in case something go's wrong or if you just don't like it. Second, no need to unroot just to flash a different rom. We were all noobs at one time and it does get easier as you do it more

tyang468

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, now you're saying that I'm a child and that I am not even "ok" at photoshop.
PS: You suck at photoshop.
So your response to my so called preach is yet another "waste in the network bandwidth of the forums"

Well, your image is so terrible that I didn't want to open it with my photoshop, so I just used paint and rarely dealt with it at all.
If I am a child, why are you, a bald old mature guy, arguing with a child?
Its funny how that tends to happen, bald boy.

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, now you're saying that I'm a child and that I am not even "ok" at photoshop.

So your response to my so called preach is yet another "waste in the network bandwidth of the forums"

Well, your image is so terrible that I didn't want to open it with my photoshop, so I just used paint and rarely dealt with it at all.
If I am a child, why are you, a bald old mature guy, arguing with a child?
Its funny how that tends to happen, bald boy.

Again, how are you being the better example, here?