BRICKED!!

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my htc evo v 4g (virgin mobile) i got it rooted then tried to change font things to get emojis and i somehow bricked it when rebooting it i cant figure out how to fix it. please help me!!??? i made a back up on my cwm recovery before doing anything but i keep getting a md5 mismatch error when trying to restore it
if anyone can help please do so it would be much appreciated

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen too many people using cwm, what guide did you follow?

I would suggest installing twrp recovery and flash harmonia to get you back and going (check out phandroid or vmroms)

These phones are pretty much unbrickable

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen too many people using cwm, what guide did you follow?

I would suggest installing twrp recovery and flash harmonia to get you back and going (check out phandroid or vmroms)

These phones are pretty much unbrickable

i followed the only one i could find but used the cwm instead of the teamwin recovery one that was offered. how would i go about doing the twrp recovery and flashing harmonia what method should i use? i dont have a custom rom installed or anything but if thats the only way to fix it which would be the yes, itd have to be one i could apply through my phone not the computer

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Adb through fast boot to install recovery, then wipe everything and flash harmonia or a stock ROM....anything other than stock will most likely require a downgrade in h boot which requires s off

Go to phandroid forums or vmrom forums there are a lot of knowledgeable people in those forums

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Adb through fast boot to install recovery, then wipe everything and flash harmonia or a stock ROM....anything other than stock will most likely require a downgrade in h boot which requires s off

Go to phandroid forums or vmrom forums there are a lot of knowledgeable people in those forums

only problem is i cant get my phone connected to the computer for some reason it wont install drivers. it always says error: device not found or something like that

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
i dont think its hard bricked because i can get it to turn on it just freezez on the virgin mobile screen i can also get it to recovery mode but can do much from there tried everything i still get the md5 mismatch error

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
it worked before but now it wont connect for some reason. i cant actually turn the phone all the way on or anything you think i might could flash a new recovery and rom through the cwm recovery i have now? or do you have any idea how to fix the md5 mismatch error

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
From power off
Power + vol down
Click fast boot
Connect to PC should say fast boot USB

Or you can try and put a ROM.zip on your SD then flash through cwm

I have not used cwm on this phone

m1k3ydr0id

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks it worked got it up and running again now if i wanna get a different rom i can just do it the same way i did this one? sorry i sound like a noob but ive rooted all my phones before just never actually did the roms and stuff

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes but you need to pay attention to hboot requirements, ROMs like cm10 and from sprint 3d usually require hboots lower than 1.5........you most likely have 1.57.......i believe mobster works with your boot, there is a lite version that has the look of cm10.....again goto phandroid forums, it has the most friendly and active forum I've found for this phone

If you flash a ROM not compatible with your hboot you will likely boot loop..... as always make backups and you shouldn't have too many headaches:D