Got s-off, followed by a boot loop

Dustin Booher

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So my issues seem to just be compounding upon themselves, I finally found the ruu, installed it was at hboot 1.57 unlocked bootloader, installed recovery, and used the wiretrick to get s-off, install the jbhoot went to 1.04 hboot, then I was gunna install a version of cm10 that requires that whole "make ur evo v 4g into an evo 3d" hack so installed that hboot, rebooted phone, got htc logo then black screen, got back into boot loader, cant do anything with sd in cuz it just wants to flash the hboot, so I take sd out, now fastboot wont work, neither wil the ruu, any advice?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
1) stock Rom will bootloop without 1.57

2) remove pg86img from your sd card

You either need to find a capable card reader or another phone that works with sd slot.

Another option, is to remove battery, remove sd card
Put battery back in, do not put the cover back on, and plug USB to pc
Boot into bootloader, after the menu pops up remove battery (without disconnecting USB) and insert sd card and reinstall battery
Now you can boot to recovery and toggle USB storage and delete via pc.

Now you need to fix your bootloop problem

Put harmonia or whatever cm10 you were gonna do on sd and flash away (after a full wipe of course)

If you want to go back to stock you need the pg86img for 1.57

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Dustin Booher

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
GENIUS! why didn't I think of connecting the charger to remove the batt, that was a big issue I couldn't insert or remove sd without taking battery out, I feel dumb now lol TY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34