Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Kite-G View Post
    I looked around on the harmonica site..
    Says that it has wi-fi tether...
    so does it mean it will work without having to pay $15 to VM?
    and will this rooting guide and the harmonica rom work on the Evo V 4G regardless if it has Sprint logo or VM logo?
    Sorry for asking, but I don't have the phone yet, so I wanted to know..
    Yes for both questions.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

Quote Originally Posted by Kite-G View Post
    And no, im not a noob at this but I thought that maybe the 2 diffrent logos on the evo meant they have somewhat diffrent hardware..
    As already explained on these forums, this is not the case.

How do I flash that?

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to root my phone, i got as far as highlighting my token. When i right click to try to copy my token nothing appears and the token just unhighlights it self. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

to be honest the WiFi never worked with my HTC or my metro pcs I need to find something that works
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #106  

Quote Originally Posted by wesley90687 View Post
    Can anyone help me? I'm trying to root my phone, i got as far as highlighting my token. When i right click to try to copy my token nothing appears and the token just unhighlights it self. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.
    Try using cntrl-c keyboard shortcut to copy.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

ROM
    Stock

i went through all these steps sucessfully, checked "reboot if sucessful", it rebooted right away after selecting flash zips now. but my phone is NOT rooted!!!! any thoughts?
    We are all but one, related with the two legged, four legged, winged and gilled. Mitakuye Oyasin Aho

ROM
    Stock

ok, i got this thing to root, yay! but i have no wifi, is this a normal problem? its not ahuge deal but would liketo get back at some point. also having problems with titanium backup,its not loading in??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks!!
    We are all but one, related with the two legged, four legged, winged and gilled. Mitakuye Oyasin Aho
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Quote Originally Posted by whbisondtr View Post
    ok, i got this thing to root, yay! but i have no wifi, is this a normal problem? its not ahuge deal but would liketo get back at some point. also having problems with titanium backup,its not loading in??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks!!
    Try a complete wipe and reflash your rom.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

ROM
    Stock

Ok that worked... Thank you!!

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Quote Originally Posted by panda280 View Post
    ]someone needs to make a video tutorial. i have been stuck on step 3 for 4 hrs trying to figure out what ive done wrong. help!!!!
    There is a video available on YouTube under "How To Root The HTC EVO V". It's very well done, and includes links to all the needed downloads.

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

The root & unlock went without a problem. Great work on the instructions! Now to get rid of the BLOAT!!! Thanks again!

Does anyone know where I can find Root instructions (HTC EVO V 4G Virgin Mobile) using a Mac?

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Awesome guide, very easy to follow along. I am experiencing a problem though. When I try to flash the superuser.zip file in twrp, it doesn't fully install. It gives me the error message error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 0)

After rebooting, I saw that I did have the superuser app icon, but when I tried to open a root app, like titanium backup, it said I did not have root access. I updated superuser from the market, and it still said I didn't have root access. Why is twrp not fully installing the superuser.zip? any help on the error message is greatly appreciated!

I can't get root. I was able to unlock the bootloade but when I try to flash the su zip it reboots the phoe but no superuser is installed.

Edit. Finally got it. Tried it again and worked.
    Last edited by pedplar; 10-11-2012 at 02:25 AM.

okay... first i downloaded EVERYTHING!!! now i cant even get the comand to work... i've been at this for... 2 hours. and still cant get anything even the cd C:\sdk-tools after that it say cant find file. then i type int the reboot bootloader or something like that and it's not doing a THING!!! so now... im still at a loss...... HELP!!! message if you have to....

ok just got it to go to the sdk tools.. but now nothing... it says adb isn't recognized...

ok... it's been three hours an now still no sucess.... and i've followed leslieAnn's way on VMroms and now this thread... i still have no luck... soo.. if someone could point ANYTHING out that'd be awesome.
    Last edited by cj_302; 10-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by cj_302 View Post
    ... cd C:\sdk-tools after that it say cant find file....
    If you followed the steps correctly, this should not have been an issue.

No. After I type in adb reboot bootloader it say no command found. Ask works but nothing in it works...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

you mentioned halfway though the steps that i shouldnt be connected to usb, well i switched it to usb 2.0 and it still says waiting for device no matter what i try...

ROM
    Stock ICS

No. After I type in adb reboot bootloader it say no command found.
    Again. If you followed the steps correctly, this should not have been an issue. No command found = You didn't put the files where they were supposed to go; you don't know how to create folders or you don't know how to navigate command prompt to get to those folders.

HUMM.. maybe it's a computer error because i put them in the C:\sdk-tools just like it told me to. opened it via CMD PRT. and still nothing. idk i dont have a comptuer with the software right now but i'll do it again and get back on. there's gotta be an easier extract method you can do right from the phone. im actually trying to figure that out too.. well once i get s-off that is...

I rooted my phone following the instructions in this thread. Worked for hboot. 1.57000 ics 4.0.3

Yes. I have the same thing... 1.57 hboot and ics 4.0.3

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock ICS

Yes. I have the same thing... 1.57 hboot and ics 4.0.3
    I don't know how else to say this.

The problem is you. It is something you are doing wrong. It could be as simple as you not extracting the files from the archive properly, it could be that you're not extracting the files from the archive at all. That you are unable to figure out what is going on when the command prompt says the program was not found when you try to run it should tell you everything that's wrong up to that point... if you knew what you were doing.

Great detailed instructions. Ty can all of this be down directly from the phone? If so could you email me the instructions. I would greatly appreciate it very much.
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 10-22-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: email address removed
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast