Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 212
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #126  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by jerryh511 View Post
    Great detailed instructions. Ty can all of this be down directly from the phone? If so could you email me the instructions. I would greatly appreciate it very much.
    No a computer is required.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  2. #127  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    ok. well i did it! an ROM'd it.. guess what it was! these instructions..... when extracting you have to put in your OS file on certain bit and map versions of windows.. ssooo!!! i ended up having to completely add these SDK's to my computers OS. and there ya go... well thank you. and awesome guide!! worked after i figured my computers problem out. but? i would like an overclocked ROM if thats out there i'd like to know. right now im running Harmonia and would also like a guide to put this 4EXT on my phone also! thanks for the help! much appreciated
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #128  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by cj_302 View Post
    ok. well i did it! an ROM'd it.. guess what it was! these instructions..... when extracting you have to put in your OS file on certain bit and map versions of windows.. ssooo!!! i ended up having to completely add these SDK's to my computers OS. and there ya go... well thank you. and awesome guide!! worked after i figured my computers problem out. but? i would like an overclocked ROM if thats out there i'd like to know. right now im running Harmonia and would also like a guide to put this 4EXT on my phone also! thanks for the help! much appreciated
    Overclock is done with a kernel. People like anthrax.

    Install 4EXT using their app.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  4. #129  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    I have a question that I didn't see an answer for. What I'd like from rooting is stock (Sense is killing me) and Tether. I know Tether will work but what about stock, how do I get there with these instructions. Is there a particular rom?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #130  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by wesosaurus View Post
    I have a question that I didn't see an answer for. What I'd like from rooting is stock (Sense is killing me) and Tether. I know Tether will work but what about stock, how do I get there with these instructions. Is there a particular rom?
    You do understand stock is what comes on the phone?

    Are you asking for aosp? CM10 disarmed toaster is a good option until we get official cm support.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  6. #131  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    I guess stock was the wrong word. I'd like a more vanilla Google Android, basically sense-less. More like my Optimus V was.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by wesosaurus View Post
    I guess stock was the wrong word. I'd like a more vanilla Google Android, basically sense-less. More like my Optimus V was.
    Then you would like CM10

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  8. #133  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Sweet guide. Worked like a charm. The zip flashing was alot faster than you said. Ran into a couple problems, nothing to do with the guide tho...(google is your friend.)
  9. #134  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    i keep getting error: cannot load what am i doing wrong
  10. #135  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Thanks for this post and the info. This is my first Root attempt, and I think it was successful, but I never saw a confirmation for the unlock part on my phone, and the Superuser portion only took about 2 minutes in total (not sure if that was too fast based on the instructions). I do have Superuser installed in my apps now -- does that mean it was successful?

    Also, the link in these instructions for the factory ROM seems to be unavailable. Can someone fix it? I would like to get a copy of the factory ROM before I try installing a custom ROM. I did run the backup utility (per the instructions), but I have no idea if that includes the factory ROM image if I ever wanted to go back later.

    Thanks!
  11. #136  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Hey there, great tutorial btw yet sry but am a noob to rooting however I completed about everything from the beginning of this tutorial to the part where we select the SU zip to flash. Completed that and it was flashed successfully and rebooted and all see well, however my HTC evo v still wasn't rooted or so I think, cuz when I open the SU application installed to my cellne, it shows no application and no root of files from my phone whatsoever. Also phone still seems the same but with red highlightings now. Do u know what I probbly did wrong or just helpme out pplease and thanks.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #137  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by tyang456 View Post
    Hey there, great tutorial btw yet sry but am a noob to rooting however I completed about everything from the beginning of this tutorial to the part where we select the SU zip to flash. Completed that and it was flashed successfully and rebooted and all see well, however my HTC evo v still wasn't rooted or so I think, cuz when I open the SU application installed to my cellne, it shows no application and no root of files from my phone whatsoever. Also phone still seems the same but with red highlightings now. Do u know what I probbly did wrong or just helpme out pplease and thanks.
    Try flashing a different rom. I like harmonia.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  13. #138  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Okay, I did just that (flashed harmonia) and my cellphone rebooted, but now it's stuck on the white htc screen and won't do anything? I even press and hold power+volume up/down and mix and match and so on, but the phone won't do a thing. It'll just stay on the screen now? I even pull out the battery and wait 10 secs and then turn it back on and it still does the same thing? Help?!
  14. #139  
    twelfth's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by tyang456 View Post
    Okay, I did just that (flashed harmonia) and my cellphone rebooted, but now it's stuck on the white htc screen and won't do anything? I even press and hold power+volume up/down and mix and match and so on, but the phone won't do a thing. It'll just stay on the screen now? I even pull out the battery and wait 10 secs and then turn it back on and it still does the same thing? Help?!
    Learn how to boot into recovery. Wait. You DID install a recovery, right?
  15. #140  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by twelfth View Post
    Learn how to boot into recovery. Wait. You DID install a recovery, right?
    Well, if you're talking about the TWRP recovery then yes I did. If you're not talking about the TWRP, then no I didn't install any other recovery. How do I get past the HTC white screen? I just let it sat there over night til the battery died, then recharged it and turned it back on and still, the screen will just freezes there. Power+volumn down/up/mix&match+sdcard in/out etc. etc.
    Is my HTC bricked now? Hopefully theres a way around it, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    ======
    =EDIT=
    ======
    Actually nevermind, I got it fixed and successfully installed Harmonia, thanks for the reply though.
    Last edited by tyang456; 11-15-2012 at 11:32 PM.
  16. #141  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    i cant flash anything in the recovery...it says md5 did not match
  17. #142  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    I don't mean to bring up a 2 week old thread but i'm having trouble rooting my htc evo v 4g, i'v rooted a couple phones easy but this one kicking my ****.
    I'll try to give you all the info,
    I downloaded
    -htc driver
    -mini sdk
    -TWRP 1.1.1 recovery
    -SU
    -Stock Rom
    the sdk file is in the C: drive with the recovery.img in the sdk file too.

    I did unlock my phone ( even said unlock in fastboot ) but it seem a bit off because in cmd i had to type the commands 2 time then it would work so unlocking the bootloader-DONE
    Now for the part that's kicking me....flashing the recovery. I booted into fastboot through cmd the type the "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and i get
    c:\sdk-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    sending 'recovery' (5132 KB)...
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.001s

    and if i type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it would say
    c:\sdk-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    sending 'recovery' (5132 KB)...
    and it would be stuck saying that for idk how long and in fastboot of my phone i see a green bar on the upper right that looks to be about 90% full.
    If i tried to flash the recovery on the phone it's self it will say checking PG86IMG.zip then say something like PURSING then nothing just goes back to fastboot screen, that's just with the recovery.img in a zip folder on the root of my sd card.
    I'm sure i'm missing something but let me know what you think.
    also my phone has the hboot 1.57
  18. #143  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    I'M confused. I'm rooted and have 4ext. Many videos show flashing rims with s-on. I have s-on. Can I flash new tons?

    Sent from my HTC EVO V 4G using Tapatalk 2
  19. #144  
    RedBunnyJAV's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    Stock,.... So Far,....

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    I cannot get passed one of the initial phases,...: "fastboot oem get_identifier_token"
    It does reboot into the bootloader so adb works, but when I get into the bootloader it does not say fastboot usb,... it just says fastboot, that is until i move the curser uo or down,... then it changes to usb,....

    I am using Windows 8 and read somewhere that THAT might be my problem,.. i dont know... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,....
  20. #145  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by djsteelix View Post
    i cant flash anything in the recovery...it says md5 did not match
    Try to download the file again. A mismatched md5 means you probably have a corrupt download. Which can be bad news depending on what you're flashing!

    Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
  21. #146  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by tundra2000 View Post
    I don't mean to bring up a 2 week old thread but i'm having trouble rooting my htc evo v 4g, i'v rooted a couple phones easy but this one kicking my ****.
    I'll try to give you all the info,
    I downloaded
    -htc driver
    -mini sdk
    -TWRP 1.1.1 recovery
    -SU
    -Stock Rom
    the sdk file is in the C: drive with the recovery.img in the sdk file too.

    I did unlock my phone ( even said unlock in fastboot ) but it seem a bit off because in cmd i had to type the commands 2 time then it would work so unlocking the bootloader-DONE
    Now for the part that's kicking me....flashing the recovery. I booted into fastboot through cmd the type the "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and i get
    c:\sdk-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    sending 'recovery' (5132 KB)...
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.001s

    and if i type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it would say
    c:\sdk-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    sending 'recovery' (5132 KB)...
    and it would be stuck saying that for idk how long and in fastboot of my phone i see a green bar on the upper right that looks to be about 90% full.
    If i tried to flash the recovery on the phone it's self it will say checking PG86IMG.zip then say something like PURSING then nothing just goes back to fastboot screen, that's just with the recovery.img in a zip folder on the root of my sd card.
    I'm sure i'm missing something but let me know what you think.
    also my phone has the hboot 1.57
    You won't be able to flash recovery with a PG86IMG file because you are s-on. Just to double check, you are using the recovery.img and not a zipped file, correct? Also what recovery are you trying to flash?

    Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
  22. #147  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBunnyJAV View Post
    I cannot get passed one of the initial phases,...: "fastboot oem get_identifier_token"
    It does reboot into the bootloader so adb works, but when I get into the bootloader it does not say fastboot usb,... it just says fastboot, that is until i move the curser uo or down,... then it changes to usb,....

    I am using Windows 8 and read somewhere that THAT might be my problem,.. i dont know... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,....
    I think windows 8 is your problem... Anyway you can give it a shot on another computer? I dunno what type of usb ports You have but usb 3.0 can be a problem too.

    Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
  23. #148  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    what can i do with my HTC(evo v), when i finish flashing(rooting) it?
    Last edited by Enrique Aviles; 12-21-2012 at 08:18 PM.
  24. #149  
    dannyjoebrown's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    well this thread has scared me off, I guess super one click wont do the job, I just got my Virgin HTC EVO and was gonna root it but all this Im scared im gonna ruin it, I rooted my optimus very easy, if I do decide to try this, its ok that the phone is acvtvated already right, I never activated my old phone just flashed up to a higher droid OS
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #150  

    Default Re: How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjoebrown View Post
    well this thread has scared me off, I guess super one click wont do the job, I just got my Virgin HTC EVO and was gonna root it but all this Im scared im gonna ruin it, I rooted my optimus very easy, if I do decide to try this, its ok that the phone is acvtvated already right, I never activated my old phone just flashed up to a higher droid OS
    It's not hard at all. These instructions are just very thorough.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions