How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Try flashing 4ext recovery instead of twrp
http://db.tt/4gK8W0XM

Maybe the download was Corrupt for some reason so even though it flashed its not working? You can download 4ext from my Dropbox. Either rename to recovery.img or use fastboot flash recovery 4ext_recovery.img

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Try flashing 4ext recovery instead of twrp
http://db.tt/4gK8W0XM

Maybe the download was Corrupt for some reason so even though it flashed its not working? You can download 4ext from my Dropbox. Either rename to recovery.img or use fastboot flash recovery 4ext_recovery.img

You can also get 4EXT from the Play store which will install it for you and its worth every penny,

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=ojUeEWE2

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This is a "call" for help. Kinda. I'm not a noob, and I've already successfully rooted this phone. I even managed to get the latest VM radio update into it with no problem. I have Harmonia 3.17 running. It's my old man's baby. Now SuperSu permissions no longer work, Rom Toolbox Pro says No interactive shell. Lost Root somehow?? I've downloaded CM Superuser.zip for this phone off of xda dev and it fails to flash. wiped cache, & dalvik, and still no flash. Tried to re-flash Harmonia, but it fails. any idea buddy? If Leslie Ann is listening out there, Help girlfriend, cause I got no ideas here.

p.s. LeslieAnn's Harmonia is still the best "close to stock" rom for this phone. It's been stable till now. And no, I haven't played with Leedroid Tweaks at all. I promise!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a "call" for help. Kinda. I'm not a noob, and I've already successfully rooted this phone. I even managed to get the latest VM radio update into it with no problem. I have Harmonia 3.17 running. It's my old man's baby. Now SuperSu permissions no longer work, Rom Toolbox Pro says No interactive shell. Lost Root somehow?? I've downloaded CM Superuser.zip for this phone off of xda dev and it fails to flash. wiped cache, & dalvik, and still no flash. Tried to re-flash Harmonia, but it fails. any idea buddy? If Leslie Ann is listening out there, Help girlfriend, cause I got no ideas here.

p.s. LeslieAnn's Harmonia is still the best "close to stock" rom for this phone. It's been stable till now. And no, I haven't played with Leedroid Tweaks at all. I promise!

Try reflashing your recovery and then doing a compete wipe and reflash off your Rom.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so i dont understand how to extract to C:\sdl-tools.. how do i do that? and wheres the htc dev

Don't bother. You need, at minimum, an understanding of how Windows handles archives (double click on the ZIP) and how to use DOS prompt commands if you're going to be rooting.

And honestly... If you don't know as much as how to extract an archive, much less, copying files to another location, rooting is too dangerous for you.

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
so i dont understand how to extract to C:\sdl-tools.. how do i do that? and wheres the htc dev

Just extract the sdk-tools zip to c:/ on the computer. Directly to the hard drive. So the folder location would be c:\sdk-tools

Htcdev is a website http://htcdev.com/bootloader/

You have to register first. I would kindly suggest researching a little more and asking questions before starting. It's good to understand it (at least some) Before starting.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother. You need, at minimum, an understanding of how Windows handles archives (double click on the ZIP) and how to use DOS prompt commands if you're going to be rooting.

And honestly... If you don't know as much as how to extract an archive, much less, copying files to another location, rooting is too dangerous for you.
Don't forget we all started in the same place at one point. If someone is interested in rooting their device and is willing to take the steps necessary to learn how then we should do all we can to help.

Warning a person of the dangers of rooting to less experienced people is fine but making a judgement call that they can't or shouldn't be trying to learn how is not the way to best help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I rooted my phone without having extract so that just shows you how much I can do.. all I need now is a stable rom

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

tobashadow#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This will be my tenth phone to root but my first EVO V to do. I'm going to leave it with the stock rom for now just a basic root, but this phone was a total bi@$# to activate and since the phone will be wiped when the bootloader is unlocked, does it have to reactivate?

tobashadow#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Pulled the trigger, very easy basic root once you get the stupid long HTC sync install done. It activated right up no issues.

Stock rom with adaway and titanium backup and tether is just fine for now till I do some more compares on the roms.

I do hate the hardware buttons without the back case on.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This will be my tenth phone to root but my first EVO V to do. I'm going to leave it with the stock rom for now just a basic root, but this phone was a total bi@$# to activate and since the phone will be wiped when the bootloader is unlocked, does it have to reactivate?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't reactivate.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital