Trouble with boot looping

klifford

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hullo all,

After borking my first attempt to get CM running on my phone, I managed to recover the device back to stock ROM. When I tried the process again, I made the mistake of trying to flash CM9 without downgrading my hboot first. Now I can't flash anything successfully, and for some reason the stock RUU won't download for me. I've tried several times but it's always incomplete. Can anyone help me get back to stock (or even better, through to CM9)? My understanding is if I can just get the Virgin Mobile RUU, I should be able to get back to stable running. Once I have that I should be able to downgrade hboot and get into CM9.

HTC EVO V 4G
S-OFF
HBOOT 1.57.5757 (juopunutbear)
JMZ's Odex ROM

Thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What hboot version do you need ? it looks to me me that your s-off with JB hboot now. why not just flash the hboot you need

klifford

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I tried flashing the image they provide, but I'm get a CID Incorrect error.

Edit: From what I could find, the entry 'SPCS_001' in the android-info.txt file should be changed to 'SPCS_002' for Virgin Mobile phones. I tried running changing it to that, rezipping it and flashing it, but hboot only gets as far as 'parsing' before it goes back to the regular hboot screen. It doesn't finish the update, still version 1.57.5757.

Last edited:

klifford

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright, got hboot 1.04 flashed, but I still can't boot. It pauses at the white htc screen then the screen goes black (not off, black). I've heard conflicting answers on whether TWRP works though, so I think that might be the problem.

Now with CMW Recovery and CM9, it gets as far as the CM9 animation, but just hangs there. I know the first boot is supposed to take longer, but I left it for 10-15 minutes and it was still on the animation screen.

Edit: Restored from backup, now it just hangs at the white htc screen. I used this backup the last time to get my phone back, so it should be good.

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I know cm can be weird sometimes, it may need a certain version of firmware, i dont know. Who's rom are you flashing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463