Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Rooting question

    Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while, trying to find an easy one click root for my Evo. I had an LG Optimus V before my evo, and it was rooted, but now that I have my new phone, I can't do any of the great things rooting allows. The reason I don't put fast boot, and custom recovery, and all that other stuff on it, is because last time I did that, I messed up severely and couldn't fix my Optimus.
    4.0.3
    HTC Sense: 3.6

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by DREWGLINSEK View Post
    Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while, trying to find an easy one click root for my Evo. I had an LG Optimus V before my evo, and it was rooted, but now that I have my new phone, I can't do any of the great things rooting allows. The reason I don't put fast boot, and custom recovery, and all that other stuff on it, is because last time I did that, I messed up severely and couldn't fix my Optimus.
    4.0.3
    HTC Sense: 3.6

    Thanks
    One click root isn't going to happen if that is what you are asking.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Fast boots the best way anyway

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    Fast boots the best way anyway

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
    No... You obviously have no idea what you are taking about.

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  5. #5  
    twelfth's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    Fast boots the best way anyway
    Fast boot has nothing to do with rooting (aside from the fact that it MUST be disabled for rooting to work) and is actually the #1 cause of problems with the EVO3D. Anyone who knows what they're talking about wouldn't be praising it.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by twelfth View Post
    Fast boot has nothing to do with rooting (aside from the fact that it MUST be disabled for rooting to work) and is actually the #1 cause of problems with the EVO3D. Anyone who knows what they're talking about wouldn't be praising it.
    Oh .. sorry I forgot what's this was about after I read it. But yeah you're right fastboot has nothing to do with rooting.. abd and command prompt do. Lack of sleep didn't help my comment

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Just to help clarify for everyone, fastboot is used in rooting. Actually it's required to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. If you boot into your bootloader, you will see fastboot as the first option. When connected to the pc it changes to fastboot usb when you're in fastboot mode. And you need adb and fastboot on your pc as you use both when rooting.
    Remember commands like fastboot flash unlocktoken and fastboot flash recovery?

    Now, htc also named one of their features fastboot... Why? Who knows, it just causes confusion. The fastboot that you uncheck in the menu is basically a hibernation mode for the phone. It prevents the phone from turning off fully, so that it can start up faster, or boot faster.

    Some people prefer flashing roms through fastboot as opposed to from the phone. It's actually a great way for s-on users to flash roms with kernels as you can fastboot boot recovery into the phones memory and be able to flash the rom and kernel. Now we have 4ext with smart flash that allows this to happen for s-on users.

    See we have everyone arguing over what fastboot is because it's confusing. It's frustrating that htc named their hibernation mode fastboot... Anyway, everyone was right about their points they were arguing, but the other side was right as well. There are two completely different fastboots on the phone. One used for rooting, one not.

    I hope that helps clear things up. I'm not always the best at explaining things and i'm typing this on tappa so it's hard to keep up with my thoughts. :o




    Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian706 View Post
    Just to help clarify for everyone, fastboot is used in rooting. Actually it's required to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. If you boot into your bootloader, you will see fastboot as the first option. When connected to the pc it changes to fastboot usb when you're in fastboot mode. And you need adb and fastboot on your pc as you use both when rooting.
    Remember commands like fastboot flash unlocktoken and fastboot flash recovery?

    Now, htc also named one of their features fastboot... Why? Who knows, it just causes confusion. The fastboot that you uncheck in the menu is basically a hibernation mode for the phone. It prevents the phone from turning off fully, so that it can start up faster, or boot faster.

    Some people prefer flashing roms through fastboot as opposed to from the phone. It's actually a great way for s-on users to flash roms with kernels as you can fastboot boot recovery into the phones memory and be able to flash the rom and kernel. Now we have 4ext with smart flash that allows this to happen for s-on users.

    See we have everyone arguing over what fastboot is because it's confusing. It's frustrating that htc named their hibernation mode fastboot... Anyway, everyone was right about their points they were arguing, but the other side was right as well. There are two completely different fastboots on the phone. One used for rooting, one not.

    I hope that helps clear things up. I'm not always the best at explaining things and i'm typing this on tappa so it's hard to keep up with my thoughts. :o




    Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    So I was right. Nioooce

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    So I was right. Nioooce

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
    No you weren't... While fastboot is used in the Bootloader unlock process, it is far from ideal and not even close to "the best".

    Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Rooting question

    Plz advise me how can i update my evo 3d when i going setting and sofywear update its showing ur phone up to date .
    I m using 2.3.4
    Htc sence 3.0
    Plz help me

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Post Root Questions
    By Nkass21 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
  2. Root Question
    By wilbanksca in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
  3. 2.1 Root questions
    By seakarrots in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
  4. Telus MILESTONE Root Questions & Issues.
    By Jared DiPane in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
  5. rooting question
    By specops2k3 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions