For a while it was the hottest device in the rumor mill...

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
And now it seems, that HTC and Verizon are treating it as someone with leprosy. There has been absolutely nothing on the Vigor in almost two weeks, while announcement after announcement has brought new devices to market. That even includes Apple and its incremental upgrade (Oct. 4th), HTC itself bringing the Sensation XL (Oct. 6th) to the UK, Verizon bringing a copy of last year's tech as usual in the Epic 4G (I mean Stratosphere, releasing Oct. 13), and even Google and Samsung attempting to formally announce the Galaxy Nexus (which according to the latest reports will show its face in Hong Kong on the 19th).

My contention, especially with the Nexus news, is if you went by the normal chain of events that pre-date a phone's announcement and launch, the Vigor was on track for a release sometime in the 2nd half of October (based on WiFi, Bluetooth and then FCC approvals). With no formal announcement of the device however, we might be looking at sometime in November and possibly even after the G-Nex is released.

What the heck is going on?!:mad:

This is really starting to get frustrating.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol, dude. Chill out. Be patient and wait. These things take time. It'll get here when it gets here. And when you're rocking your HTC Vigor (assuming you wait it out), you'll either 1) forget about the current waiting as you lust over the awesomeness that is your new phone or 2) you'll get frustrated with the problems it gives you. Look at how long the Bionic took to get to market. People waited that phone out for ages and now you have people satisfied with what they finally have, and those that can't stand it after all that time and returned it.

Ah, a never-ending cycle. :D

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol, dude. Chill out. Be patient and wait. These things take time. It'll get here when it gets here. And when you're rocking your HTC Vigor (assuming you wait it out), you'll either 1) forget about the current waiting as you lust over the awesomeness that is your new phone or 2) you'll get frustrated with the problems it gives you. Look at how long the Bionic took to get to market. People waited that phone out for ages and now you have people satisfied with what they finally have, and those that can't stand it after all that time and returned it.

Ah, a never-ending cycle. :D

I hear ya. It's just majorly frustrating to get all that leaked info one week and then go two weeks without so much as peep. I simply can't wait to get away from this BB Storm 2. It's driving me insane. I'll definitely wait for this phone, I've made up my mind that far. It's just testing my patience because this is the usual song and dance that Verizon pulls with handsets. For once they finally have an opportunity to launch a phone that would be cutting edge and they crap the bed (again). The way things go with Big Red, we may not see this phone until Q2 of 2012; just like the T-bolt and Bionic taking as long as they did to launch.:(

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are going the exact oppisite route the took with the TBolt. They talked it up, got everyone excited, promised netflix and skype, and then it got delayed. And then it got delayed again. And then they took netflix and skype off the table, and finally it got release with some reasonably drastic bugs. I think they learned 2 things with the TBolt launch. 1) This is a second generation HTC LTE phone, so it SHOULD be relatively bug free at launch. and 2) Keep expectations low to gaurantee that they will be exceeded. I for one couldn't be happier this phone is flying as low as it is on everyone's radar. That way I can walk in to a Verizon store on launch day and use both my upgrades...

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are going the exact oppisite route the took with the TBolt. They talked it up, got everyone excited, promised netflix and skype, and then it got delayed. And then it got delayed again. And then they took netflix and skype off the table, and finally it got release with some reasonably drastic bugs. I think they learned 2 things with the TBolt launch. 1) This is a second generation HTC LTE phone, so it SHOULD be relatively bug free at launch. and 2) Keep expectations low to gaurantee that they will be exceeded. I for one couldn't be happier this phone is flying as low as it is on everyone's radar. That way I can walk in to a Verizon store on launch day and use both my upgrades...

Well said. I hadn't really thought of it that way. Needless to say though...this phone needs to get announced already. LOL

I'll be sorely disappointed in how things have been handled by Verizon if the G-Nex hits before the Vigor does. Plus, can we just do away with the Rezound moniker even being a possibility for this phone? It should be the Droid Incredible HD, Vigor by HTC or Thunderbolt 2/HD (in that order of preference).

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the "Rezound" sounds like a feature phone, Droid Incredible HD sounds like it just might be packing some stones...

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they are going the exact oppisite route the took with the TBolt. They talked it up, got everyone excited, promised netflix and skype, and then it got delayed. And then it got delayed again. And then they took netflix and skype off the table, and finally it got release with some reasonably drastic bugs. I think they learned 2 things with the TBolt launch. 1) This is a second generation HTC LTE phone, so it SHOULD be relatively bug free at launch. and 2) Keep expectations low to gaurantee that they will be exceeded. I for one couldn't be happier this phone is flying as low as it is on everyone's radar. That way I can walk in to a Verizon store on launch day and use both my upgrades...[/QUOTE

2nd gen LTE chipsets aren't shipping yet. It will still be a first gen product.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
This phone maybe the sleeper of the three. The Samsung Nexus(Droid Charge 2) is going to be great with stock ICS, but may not have a SD card slot thus leaving only the 32gb of on board storage. The Droid Razr may just be the Bionic with a better screen, .2ghz more speed and a kevlar back.

The Vigor with dual cores at 1.5ghz and a better screen maybe the best bet because you know that it will be able to be rooted. Moto will not guarantee that. Nexus will be though.

Whatever happens the holiday rush is going to be great and I have two upgrades available on my family plan.

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site

2nd gen LTE chipsets aren't shipping yet. It will still be a first gen product.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure he meant second generation as in top tier LTE phone from HTC. not LTE chipsets.

Reactions: bkorver

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Has the Vigor even been acknowledged by Verizon or HTC?

I'm confused. Doesn't the Thunderbolt launch completely explain what may be happening with the Vigor?

There's nothing new here. HTC phone on Verizon with great specs at the time leaks, and then is delayed until those specs are no longer so great. Then Verizon still releases phone. Mild sales and disappointments ensue, but suckers like me still bite. People who are disappointed are told that their concerns are irrelevant, invalid, or minor and they should just root. More and more people vow to buy only a Nexus, and the Android forums go back to their core base.

Repeat.

yakker

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I simply can't wait to get away from this BB Storm 2. It's driving me insane.

Yep. I was in the same boat with the Storm 2. I didn't want to burn my upgrade just yet so I got a used Incredible on eBay. Put CM7 on it and haven't looked back. Best $130 I've spent in a long while!

Now bring on the Nexus!

JustAnAvgJoe

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Has the Vigor even been acknowledged by Verizon or HTC?

I'm confused. Doesn't the Thunderbolt launch completely explain what may be happening with the Vigor?

There's nothing new here. HTC phone on Verizon with great specs at the time leaks, and then is delayed until those specs are no longer so great. Then Verizon still releases phone. Mild sales and disappointments ensue, but suckers like me still bite. People who are disappointed are told that their concerns are irrelevant, invalid, or minor and they should just root. More and more people vow to buy only a Nexus, and the Android forums go back to their core base.

Repeat.

You describe me to the letter. I have an OG Dinc running 7.1 right now, I was eagerly waiting for this phone to come out, but for the past 2 weeks have heard nothing. The rumor was a launch today, the 13th, and not a peep.

So I'm looking forward to the Nexus, and why not? Even if its released at the same time as the Nexus the only saving graces it has are the SD card and a possible cheaper price. But since I'm not hurting for cash and don't use much more than 16 GB for my phone it's not much.

damnusernames

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Or... maybe it's HTC's first ICS device and once the Nexus announcement has happened HTC can roll up with their alternative ICS device (though most certainly Sense-ified) you can hope can't you?

franky0707

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Or... maybe it's HTC's first ICS device and once the Nexus announcement has happened HTC can roll up with their alternative ICS device (though most certainly Sense-ified) you can hope can't you?

Unfortunately sounds more like dreaming then hope :( I wish I felt there were that kind of hope though.

engineer2001

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people blame Verizon, like they're holding back an awesome, bug-free phone, just to hurt people? If HTC had their crap together, got the phone in Verizon's hands with no bugs or only small bugs, and gave them time to test it to make sure it was good, we would have it already.

There surely is no "master plan" to manipulate the market by releasing crappy phones or delaying phones until better ones come out on Verizon or on different carriers. That would be shooting themselves in the foot. I would say 100% of the blame for any delays would fall on HTC's doorstep.

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Question why would you get the storm 2 over the OG Droid or Eris?

1) At the time I was a Crackberry Addict

2) I don't like Motorola hardware or software, hence why the Bionic isn't even on my radar

3) Didn't want a slide out keyboard (especially one as difficult as the OG Droid's)

4) Wasn't that familiar at the time with the Android OS

5) I got the Storm 2 as I switched from AT&T to Verizon and the Eris wasn't yet available (I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway considering my "Crack" addiction)

I certainly can admit now, almost 2 years later, that I made a poor decision in phone selection and was even warned by my buddy who was a Verizon rep at the time. Hindsight is 20/20.

All of this is primarily why I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the Vigor.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I would say 100% of the blame for any delays would fall on HTC's doorstep.

I wish that was true. All I have is bad memories of phones that didn't work properly cause of verizon sticking their nose(and bloatware) in. Also a mountain of bloat on my current "DROID 3" thanks to vzw.

Imagine how much further we would be if verizon stopped putting crapware on every device. I'd be willing to bet that every phone would have been released quicker, vzw would save loads of money cause everyone wouldn't be calling up asking "what the F is my verizon mobile and why does it keep force closing...?" etc, etc. Phones would hold signal better and freeze less... Less exchanges and less calls to tech support... should I continue?

VZW is the only one shooting themselves in the foot, they've been doing this stupidity for years too.

Reactions: compchick813

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
One thing I haven't seen mentioned here and likely is a big factor in the release of a new device is current inventories. You might have noticed the Thunderbolt is on sale for 50% off with an extended battery. Clearly the TBolt didn't sell as well as Verizon thought it would, mainly due to the problems it had at launch. With what could be a million Thunderbolts waiting for a new home, Verizon may just be holding off on launching new devices until TBolt and Charge inventories fall a little further.

Ironically the Droid Bionic is currently out of stock on VerizonWireless.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith