Holy price cut, Batman!

Gun Bunny

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just looked on the AT&T website and confirmed two things:

1) Both the Vivid and Skyrocket are now available

2) VZW just got punched in the throat in regards to their $300 phones.

The Vivid is available on contract for 99 FREAKING DOLLARS!

Skyrocket at 149, also (the original SGS2 is still 200, weird).

Talk about throwing my phone evaluations on their ears...

FWIW, this is showing up with my premier membership, as well as when I'm not logged into the AT&T site, so it should (hopefully) be good for the rest of y'all as well.

Looks like AT&T is getting serious about pushing LTE phones out the door.

Last edited:

bigboi0206

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just saw that I got it too for that price cut on my premier account! Also talked to a rep and I get to keep my unlimited plan. I'm in San Antonio too so I get LTE

msbtt

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow you guys are lucky. Here in Chicago its full price $199.99. Premiere doesn't give any discounts either. I will have to call and see if they will lower the price.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where your getting that much of a price cut you must have a better prime account then most others mine still shows at $199

bigboi0206

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of being on Premier or not I'm getting a $100 discount for ordering it online with free shipping. Great deal! Now is the dilemma on choosing either Black or White finish:'(

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish I would show it for $99 every time I look it shows it as $299 with 100 off so I am only getting it for 199

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This is just for the punch in the throat comment, I am going to go out on the limb and say vow could care less what AT&T is selling a phone for. Their monthly bill is 30%+ higher then at&t for a reason, if you wan the best voice/data you go vzw if you want to save money go elsewhere but in return you can't complain about dropped calls, which all my friends still do lol

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed if i check the price where I lived in CA, it is 99. But where I live in fl, it is 199. I am going to assume location is a factor in the price.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed if i check the price where I lived in CA, it is 99. But where I live in fl, it is 199. I am going to assume location is a factor in the price.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Agreed. You can play around with different zip codes by starting here.

90210 = $99
44060 = $199

I printed out the $99 page and plan on taking it with me when I head to my local store later today. Hopefully they will honor it. And if not, we'll see if my willpower will let me hold out for $99 pricing in my area!

-Brett.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. You can play around with different zip codes by starting here.

90210 = $99
44060 = $199

I printed out the $99 page and plan on taking it with me when I head to my local store later today. Hopefully they will honor it. And if not, we'll see if my willpower will let me hold out for $99 pricing in my area!

-Brett.
Let us know if this works if it does I am all over it

msbtt

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
No luck at Best Buy or AT&T store. Took the printout and even showed them on my phone. Chicago is out of luck, at least I am. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just one called store here its a hundred. Im going after work.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

where is here? you guys getting the deals need to let the rest of us know where you are some might be close and it may be worth the drive

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if this works if it does I am all over it

It worked! If it helps, here's what I did:

Logged into my account on att.com (so that it showed my name/zip at the top of the screen)
Then went to this page and entered 90210 for the zip.
It then took me to a page that showed my zip at the top, but the lower $99 price in the body of the page
Took a screenshot and pasted it into word, printed that out. If I just printed the page out from the browser, it didn't have the ZIP code or my name at the top.

Armed with that I went in and the guy didn't have any problems matching the price for me.

Time to go play around!

-Brett.

Reactions: galfert

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
$99 is the in-store price where I live.

I was all for the Skyrocket until I went to the store today to see both. I've never had experience with Sense or Touchwiz, so do to my ignorance of both, nether is a factor in my choosing. I find myself agreeing with one of the blog sites that reviewed the 2 phones a few days ago prior to public release. The Vivid is heavier (a lot heavier in my opinion), but just feels more solid of a device. I prefer the realistic colors and higher resolution over the Skyrocket's screen by far. I'm not too concerned about the lower clocked processor. 1.2 dual core is still plenty. The cons are the weight and thickness. I'm guaranteed to know it's in my pocket. Once a case goes on it, it's going to be one girthy beast. I find the neon colors of the skyrocket's screen a bit annoying plus it's lower resolution. So it's screen display vs size/weight at this point.

For those of you have played with both and no something about Sense vs Touchwiz, what do you feel the pros and cons are of each?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney