| || |
Re: Upgrading From Inspire
I upgraded from Inspire 4G to Vivid today and after using it off and on today I would say it was a good upgrade. I am in the Chicago area, so the 4G LTE was a compelling reason, especially being on a grandfathered unlimited data plan with AT&T.
vs. Inspire so far
- overall phone seems faster, programs open faster, slightly less lag.
- screen is brighter, crisper and well, more vivid.
- like the improvements of HTC Sense 3 vs 2.1 on Inspire.
- visual voicemail is nice, something I have on iPhone and had on BB.
- data speeds are MUCH better (4G LTE), speedtests:
......best on Inspire: 2.97Mbps Down, 1.06Mbps Up
......worst on Vivid (in house, 1 bar): 8.73Mbps Down, 2.86Mbps Up
......best on Vivid so far (outside, 3/4 bars): 14.85Mbps Down, 7.33Mbps Up
...For reference, been getting 9-17.4Mbps Down, 7.2-10.9Mbps Up on Jetstream with 4G LTE in area, so I expect with more tests Vivid will get better.
- bigger screen on Vivid, not by much and in cases I have on them, Vivid maybe 1/4 inch taller than Inspire
- not sure about battery yet, after 10 hours battery at 24%, but never fully charged from store and lots of transferring and installation of files, with Inspire usually charged daily, maybe could get 1 1/2 days, but would expect to charge Vivid every night just like Inspire.
- have only taken 1 photo so far, but camera seems more responsive and I know other reviewers said camera was superior on Vivid.
- Inspire has more of a metal build, but even with plastic Vivid feels sturdy and well built with aluminum back plate and in cases both feel solid and durable.
Definitely liked the operation and feel of the HTC Vivid over the Samsung Skyrocket, but I prefer HTC Sense over Touchwiz and I though screen was nicer on Vivid than Skyrocket.
Lack of a variety of cases early on is a problem, Otterbox one available is nice and will do for now, but prefer one with belt clip and really liked the Seidio case for the Inspire.
If you are in a current 4G LTE market now, this is a no question upgrade, for the data speed increase alone, plus it has all that the Inspire had plus its faster, has a better screen and a nicer interface.