Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Texts out of order

It seems that when I receive and send a text from the same recipient within the same minute that the return message shows up above the previous message instead of below, then it lists them as usual after that. Its not a big issue until I have a quick text conversation and then try to read through it later and its incoherent. So is anyone else having this issue or is there some quick easy fix that I dont know about?

ROM
    Sabsa Prime for Inspire

I will tell you that the vivid is not the only HTC device that does that. My Inspire has done that since I got it at the end of February. It is annoying, but I've dealt with it this long, and feel it is no biggie. I have actually not seen anyone bring this up. If they did, I didn't see the post.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

Default Re: Texts out of order

This is the only problem my Inspire has not experienced!!! (Yet)

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Neither of my family's Inspires have experienced that but we'll keep an eye out for it and report back.

ROM
    Stock and loving it

I just started noticing it on my vivid...it seems to be software problem rather than carrier problem. But a fix would be nice. I started noticing it around 500 messages sent and received... who knows?

Similar issues happening here. It only seems to happen when the recipient replies within the same minute.

I've also seen some texts being received/displayed in triplicate. Odd.

-Brett.

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Quote Originally Posted by zzoinks View Post
    Similar issues happening here. It only seems to happen when the recipient replies within the same minute.

I've also seen some texts being received/displayed in triplicate. Odd.

-Brett.
    Yeah i notice that, weird

Mine started doing that this past Sunday. I've had it since the day it was released. I first started receiving the same text twice. I restarted it and it stopped. Then now if someone replies within the same minute its out out of order. I had my Inspire from day 1 of release and it never once did any of those two issues. It's annoying but I can live with it.

I have the same two symptoms with my Vivid. Sometimes receiving double texts and then an incorrect timeline of texts. Another rather annoying quirk to add to my growing list. Thanks for posting.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

I haven't had any problems yet, but I'm only 24 hours into the phone.

I have had this issue with every HTC phone that I have ever owned. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore. What is bad is if you have a service like Sprint that roams a lot, the text messages will be timestamped incorrectly by several hours. That's frustrating.

Didn't have with the limited time I had Inspire, but have it on vivid