The Best Volume Boosting app for Vivid!!!

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
"Equalizer"

Equalizer - Android app on AppBrain

Works great (after a restart) and adding as a widget to the home screen.. The whole phone, including apps like YouTube can now be made louder! Just adjust the eq settings to your liking and enjoy.. Every Vivid owner should have this app installed. Works for the built in music player as well.. No root required! :)

Last edited:

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not that useful for me. The Bass Booster and Virtualizer are nice but the eq it self is useless for me. Whenever I adjust it, it raises the level for that specific frequency but lowers everything else...so there's no point in adjusting anything in the eq, The bass booster is also kind of half-assed, at least compared to the one in DSP Manager in CM7. Sure it makes the music sound deeper but it just doesn't give you the speaker-pounding effect that DSP can give you. Now DSP Manager, that's a really nice equalizer! Has all the options of that regular eq but the sound effects are just a lot better.

...Maybe that's just me but that regular equalizer messes up the sound when I adjust the actual eq.

posterboy7596

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a different phone, but have used both DSP manager and EQ so I thought I'd give my 2cents. It probably depends on the nature of usage, but I've had a much better experience with EQ. One of the best features of EQ that I like is the function to auto-detect EQ settings. My beef with DSP was always that to get everything dialed in I was adjusting it much too frequently to be convenient. For fine tuning of individual tracks DSP is the way to go, but for normal daily usage I like EQ.

speculatrix

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Volume+ works well on my desireZ/G2, without it the headphone level has to be set at maximum nearly all the time to be enough. It's my 2nd unit, they're all like it, and I have tried different phones too.:-\

JulietP

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I just got an htc vivid and the volume is way too low. It's hard to hear the person I'm speaking to on the phone. Dos=es anyone know whether this will actually increase the sound significantly??? thanks so much.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
After several days use, i've had to delete this app. Firstly, it doesn't boost the volume THAT much. Secondly, It really drains the battery. Thirdly, It doesn't play nice with some of my other apps(namely Accuweather, and Earth Rotation:planets). This feedback is just my personal opinion.:'(

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok Volume+ did absolutely nothing for increasing the volume on this phone, really like the phone but the ringer and notification volumes are terrible. Keep missing calls, and text messages unless I'm someplace quite.

Stromtrooper

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
For straight volume control, I have found nothing that beats Audio Manager Pro, and it plays nice with all my apps.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Holy CRAP! The Audio Manager app has twice the volume than the Qualizer and the basic version is free. The Pro version you have to buy to get multiple profile settings, but the basic works for me. Wow! That's stuff is LOUD!