*Screen Capture

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone figured out a way to do "screen capture" (taking a photo of what is currently displaying on the phones screen and automatically saving it as a new photo). On the iPhone you pressed the home and power button together in one quick motion.

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I was showing someone my phone the other day and it took a picture. I couldn't figure out how I did it...it wasn't in the manual. But this sounds about like what happened as I held it...I'll give it a try as if I really intended to do it!

Thanks...Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Umm, I don't know what phone any of you are talking about, but if its screenshot for the HTC Vivid, that would be "Volume Down + Power" IN THAT ORDER! I just tried your "Power and home" and nothing. I have spoken. Take it from someone who actually spent time modifying and discovering this phone's secrets. Since I'm in a good mood, I'll share an HTC Easter Egg: Go to "dialer" or "phone" and type "*#*#3424#*#*" and there ya go. You're welcome. ;-)

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... No; power + home takes a screenshot. What you recommend just turns the volume down a bit before locking the screen.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried Volume down then power...nada...just lowers the volume and then puts the phone in sleep mode. The other method works...yes there's a timing to it, but I can't get your method to work at all. Is it possible your sequence is for another phone??

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, here's a screenshot.
6ceaf8a1-a079-0bdd.jpg

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I redid it. Push both buttons at the same time. Wait, are you ICS or GB?

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm ICS. Pressing both at the same time does nothing, because they seem to cancel each other out. But if hit volume down and a split second later hit the power button, I hear the "ding" to lower the volume and then the phone goes to sleep.

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Even on the ONE X series, its Power and Volume Down....I question your "Power Home" stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze