I am considering the Vivid...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If you have any other questions let me know. I have been using this phone since launch and will help as much as I can.

Sent From My HTC Vivid

Trying to remember something from my BB days. If i want to attach a special ringtone to an individual within my contacts list, do i move that ringtone from the sd card over to the on board memory? Is it also the same for my pictures that i use as wallpapers for the lock screen & home screen? Thanks.:)

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Trying to remember something from my BB days. If i want to attach a special ringtone to an individual within my contacts list, do i move that ringtone from the sd card over to the on board memory? Is it also the same for my pictures that i use as wallpapers for the lock screen & home screen? Thanks.:)

Starting off with the ringtones, I use the songs that I have stored on my sd card. I use poweramp and it doesn't require me to move it to the internal memory. It should be the same for the stock music player. The same is said for the wallpapers. All of mine are stored on sd card and i set them without any issue.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Starting off with the ringtones, I use the songs that I have stored on my sd card. I use poweramp and it doesn't require me to move it to the internal memory. It should be the same for the stock music player. The same is said for the wallpapers. All of mine are stored on sd card and i set them without any issue.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I do believe that i'm sold on the Vivid. I just have to wait for my contract to expire.:D

neftv

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
To round out this thread I decided to return the Titan and reversed my upgrade so I opted not to go for the Vivid either. I really liked the Titan phone but the issues persisted.
Thank you to all for the insight to the Vivid.
Longer version of the unfortunate story.
I went through Amazonwireless.com to get my upgrade. Each Titan ended up with the same issue. Ok, I could live with the voice quality issue because that is a reflection of product of HTC and AT&T for offering such a phone so no skin off my nose. However, each phone had the dreaded random power cycle/reboot issue. Tried firming up the sim card no go, Uninstalled all AT&T/HTC apps no go, operated the phone from a reset no additional apps installed, no go. There were a few times when I thought the phone was good when it would approach two days then came the dreaded power/reboot cycle. Sometimes it happen in the middle of the night based on the lastboottime app other times the phone was just sitting the table next to me while eating lunch I observed it Other times when I had the phone in my pocket I could feel it vibrating thinking it was a call but nope it was a power/reboot recycle.
After two exchanges and three Titans I opted to use my right to reserve my upgrade today and I am shipping the phones back. I find it hard to believe that the Titan is technically a sound phone since the most of the ratings I see on them are good on AT&T's web site and Amazon's website. Either people are not paying attention to their phone or just living with a potential issue that may make the phone go dark later.
I had the options to ship the phone to HTC but that would leave me without a phone for atleast 10 days and possibly more. And HTC customer support didn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling since they knew nothing about these problems and the first time I called they put me on hold or dropped my call while I waited for someone to get back to me. So the Taiwanese crap is going back, I am back on my Nokia 5800 and I will wait out a few months to see what comes next.
thanks for reading all.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm slightly confused about the use of the sd card. If the Vivid comes with 16gb of "on board" memory, plus an sd card slot, does that mean that i can add a 16gb sd card and store all my photos and music on that card? If so, can i then pull up some of my photos and ringtones, and attach them to individuals in my contact list? I'd rather have it that way, and leave the "on board" memory for apps and such. Thanks for any replies.:D

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup you can do that. I do it Like that as well. I have all my songs and pics on the sd card and assign them to my contacts.

Thanks. I'm hoping that by doing it that way, it may help the battery & speed. Less bloat in the on board memory. Any thoughts on a good picture program for Mac? Picasa really bites, it scrambled all my photo folders from iPhoto when i downloaded them. Thanks again.:D

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K. I've downloaded my photos folders, and put them into my DropBox. From there, i can put them on an SD card, and they'll stay in their proper folders. No need for Picasa, which scrambled them anyway.:D

Reactions: SAENZ_SCENE

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's great! Thanks for sharing. I like having different options.

Should be getting the Vivid next week. Salesman has me confused about something, though. He said that the phone comes with 16gbs of "on board" memory, plus an empty SD card slot, in which you can put a card up to 16gbs in. That would give me a total of 32gbs on the phone. Is that correct? That's a lot of memory.:D

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Should be getting the Vivid next week. Salesman has me confused about something, though. He said that the phone comes with 16gbs of "on board" memory, plus an empty SD card slot, in which you can put a card up to 16gbs in. That would give me a total of 32gbs on the phone. Is that correct? That's a lot of memory.:D

Yup it comes with 16gb of "on board" and you can actually have up to a 32gb micro sd card. So 48 gb potentially. That's a ton lol it is nice to have that option though.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup it comes with 16gb of "on board" and you can actually have up to a 32gb micro sd card. So 48 gb potentially. That's a ton lol it is nice to have that option though.

Sweet! Don't think that i'll ever need 48gbs of memory, but it's nice to know that it's possible. Now, if i can only figure out how to get the "bloatware" off of the on board memory, and on to the extra sd card without having to root the phone, i'd be a happy man. I believe that doing that would let the phone run faster. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.:D

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The at&t apps for the most part can be removed. I love to root to remove all apps not used. There really is not many apps preinstalled though that can't be uninstalled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21