droidx tether to asus but no internet

smpotts103

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone and downloaded the wifitether. I can see the wireless connetion from myAsus transformer and can connect. I get an IP address, but no internet access. The same thing happens when i hook up my hp laptop to my phone through the wireless tether. I can create a connection just no internet connection.
Please advise

cougmeister

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest posting in either the droid x forum here on android central or over at Droid X Forum . HTC phones are very different when it comes down to things done when rooted. But the folks over at the afformentioned site are extremely knowledgeable. I actually came from a droid x and that is the forum that I followed for it.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
please let us know what you find out.. I have wanted to hook my vivid to the pc once in a while. I thought I heard there was a way to tether without rooting? Has anyone else done this?

--thanks

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted AT&T Vivid and still am unable to create any kind of wireless tethering. I have tried both Android Tether and Barnacle for android APPS and nothing! I am hoping to find an app or someone with a working code to use the internal Wi-Fi hot spot and get around the dredded "please call 611 if you want to tether this device" Message.

---I love to hack my Vivid and know enough to get me into trouble---
:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12