How do I disable the preloaded message application on a HTC Vivid

dumassbunotz

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
New to this forum and new to the HTC Vivid. I want to use a different messaging application (Handcent) rather than the preloaded one that came installed on my HTC Vivid. How do I disable the preloaded program so it does not conflict with the messaging program I want to use. Thank you.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey there. Welcome. You can't uninstall stock messaging app but you can disable the notifications. Just go to stock messages, select menu, notifications and then disable. This will avoid double notifications. Hope this helps and I addressed the question.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lmm777

dumassbunotz

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I disable the preloaded message application on a HTC V

Thank you for the information, I looked all through the applications on this phone and I cannot find any called "stock messages" There is a stock application but when I select it, it asks me to enter a "stock or indes sysmbol" and there is no settings or notification option.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the information, I looked all through the applications on this phone and I cannot find any called "stock messages" There is a stock application but when I select it, it asks me to enter a "stock or indes sysmbol" and there is no settings or notification option.

Try this. From the app drawer select messages. Then press menu and select settings. From here select notifications and uncheck the first check box. This will disable notifications for the messaging app and allow only one notification from handcent or your app of choice. Hope it helped. Let me know if I answered your question.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown