Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ringtones on sd card are not showing up

My ringtones and pictures on my sd card are not showing up in my phone. I have to keep taking the sd card out and putting the card back in for them to show up. After a few hours everything will disappear like I dntt have a sd card installed. is anyone else having this issue and is there a way to fix it? I already have my ringtones and notifications in folders on my sd card.

Default Re: ringtones on sd card are not showing up

Have you been able to view the files on the SD2 card when you have your Vivid attached to a computer?
    I had an issue akin to this where my ringtones would return to the default when my phone was charging via USB. I had to reset the ringtones after. This has ceased and no longer an issue. Have no idea what corrected the ringtones.
    Am wondering if there are connectivity issues with your SD2 card.

Default Re: ringtones on sd card are not showing up

Try downloading Astro File Manager and see if you can access them or you could transfer your sd card data to your home computer and see, if they're not there they may have been erased somehow. I do a backup of my sd card on a flash drive and am able to transfer to my phone if something's missing.

May not help but just thought I'd pitch in.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't had the issue since the icescream update. Idk what the issue was before then. Thanks for the help anyway

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums