ICS updated, no hack nor rom

dougsorensen

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I performed a system update yesterday by dialing *#*#682#*#* after it was done I woke up with ICS and sense 3.6

ATT must have noticed the traffic and shut this down. If I try to direct dial the code, it just disappears from the screen. If I call using a contact with that code, it tells me the call cannot be completed.

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I' m using an unlocked vivid outside the US so, I dont know what is going on with AT&T. But I'm glad that it worked for some of you.

I noted that there's a little bug or something not working right with the beats software, the equalizer app I'm using and the android music player.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Screenshots or it didn't happen. :) Never heard anything about that code before. What is the actual software version you guys got from the update?

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
ATT must have noticed the traffic and shut this down. If I try to direct dial the code, it just disappears from the screen. If I call using a contact with that code, it tells me the call cannot be completed.

After I dialed the code it disappeared, but after a few seconds the phone started to check for new updates and found this one. After the 300 MB download it will start the upgrade. Just in case, you have to be with your internet connections enabled

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Very sweet, thanks! Your kernel # & build # are higher then those I have from the OTA leak last week :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
***If anyone could get this newer OTA downloaded & pull it's zip from their phone before it installs it really would be helpful to the devs. It'll be in cache folder I believe, & you should be able to get it using about any file explorer***

Last edited:

dmc.

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Awesome find, punched it into the dialer, it vanished, then popped up a notification that it's downloading the update, thank you!

ranova

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my coworker's vivid to ICS. I confirm the dialer method works.

One word... Wow. They really ruined ICS with sense. Like the SGS2 ICS Update, only some of the ICS elements remain.

Im glad I have a Galaxy Nexus. Stock ICS is the way to go, its just too beautiful.

Last edited: