Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VIVID ICS update aftermath

I updated to ICS on Thursday. I love the update and most of Sense 3.6. Update went well. No problems.
    Until I got too low on power. Phone powered off and when it powered back on it shows the update/optimizing apps screen then comes back on-line.

I also seem to get less time out of the battery. I am by no means a heavy user and I cant seem to get more then 6 hours without charging. Before the update I could get at least a day.

Anyone else having issues?

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

How long has it been? Isn't it like 3 days before your battery gets used to change? I could be wrong as i can't not see I'm so innebriated.

Sent from your mom's phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: VIVID ICS update aftermath

Today would be 2.5 days. I've never heard of three days for battery change. It could be. Everything else seems good except for Words with Friends. That app is way to slow and buggy with the update to make it ICS compatible.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I have actually had the opposite experience wigh the battery life. I know its only been a couple days but I am seeing an improvement in battery. Phone is running a lot more smoothly. Hope it changes for you.

I have experienced a few problems with apps, specifically with "where's my water" the game used to load very fast before the upgrade, and now it takes several seconds to load between levels. Had problems with the audio but they disappeared

Global Posts
    3,571 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Everything working great for me after one week. Battery life has improved. Only one app has become incompatible with the new ICS, Lockscreen Agenda. It's no biggy, as i can wait for the app to be updated.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,993 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If battery life has gotten that much worse I would try to find out if an app is acting weird. That's usually what causes something like that.

As with any major OS update you could just be seeing some quirkiness in the way things operate. A factory reset may be in order, but that's always a last resort for me.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    ChromeJob likes this.

I too have noticed my battery life is not as good as it used to be before the update. It's been 3 days since I've updated.

I can't seem to find the "Power Saver" settings, does anyone know where or how to get to it?

Global Posts
    3,571 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Louie417 View Post
    I too have noticed my battery life is not as good as it used to be before the update. It's been 3 days since I've updated.

I can't seem to find the "Power Saver" settings, does anyone know where or how to get to it?
    If you want to see what's being used, go to Settings>Usage or Settings>Power. You can tweak your settings to minimize battery loss. It's usually the home screen that sucks up the battery's power. Next is the brightness setting. Take it off "auto", and lower it to 25% or 30%. After that, do a "restart", and it should be better. Good luck.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

i have htc vivid 2.3.4 i had finally unlocked bootloader, then rooted.
    i noticed that recovery would freeze at white screen. i cleared cash and factory reset.
    still the same issue.
    i found online the update to 4.0.3 .. after doing update, i had lost root, and am not able to root, the same way as before, and recovery does not work. always says ( e: cant open cash/recovery/command)
    even on factory reset i get allot of e cant open messages.
    i have lost stock rom (2.3.4) havent been able to root. or get recovery to work.
    if anyone has answers that will help me out yahoo messenger (celtic_payne)
    email is the same celtic_payne@yahoo.com
    thank you

Previously when I would look under power and see what's using the battery it would have applications along with everything else where as now it only shows screen, wifi, standby, calls, etc. does anyone else have this problem? If so is there anyway to see what programs are draining the battery? Also when I go under memory usage I rarely if at all see games that have been played, is this because ics manages certain apps differently? Sorry for all the questions I just feel like I'm missing something here.

I've experienced better battery life. Am using a 'SaFPWR Power' case. Memory management is better. The change I've noticed most is that autocorrect either does not exist (Twitter) or does not offer common words as it had been. Am considering going through the setup which I did when I bought the phone (gingerbread), to setup the phone in ICS.

Hey i have updated my HTC Vivid to ICS and everything works fine except Internet Passthrough, is there anyone else with this problem and is there any way of solving it??

ROM
    STOCK!

Got my vivid on Friday, and I updated to ICS before installing anything on it. I must say, battery life has been pretty good so far. I leave wifi on all day and am a moderate user. Unplugged at 6am and went to 8% battery around 11pm or so. No complaints so far.....and beats is definitely a huge bonus!