VIVID ICS update aftermath
05-07-2012 07:02 AM
- I updated to ICS on Thursday. I love the update and most of Sense 3.6. Update went well. No problems.
Until I got too low on power. Phone powered off and when it powered back on it shows the update/optimizing apps screen then comes back on-line.
I also seem to get less time out of the battery. I am by no means a heavy user and I cant seem to get more then 6 hours without charging. Before the update I could get at least a day.
Anyone else having issues?03-17-2012 11:36 PM
- Kevin OQuinnAC Team EmeritusIf battery life has gotten that much worse I would try to find out if an app is acting weird. That's usually what causes something like that.
As with any major OS update you could just be seeing some quirkiness in the way things operate. A factory reset may be in order, but that's always a last resort for me.03-20-2012 09:49 PMLike 1
- 03-21-2012 08:00 AM
- i have htc vivid 2.3.4 i had finally unlocked bootloader, then rooted.
i noticed that recovery would freeze at white screen. i cleared cash and factory reset.
still the same issue.
i found online the update to 4.0.3 .. after doing update, i had lost root, and am not able to root, the same way as before, and recovery does not work. always says ( e: cant open cash/recovery/command)
even on factory reset i get allot of e cant open messages.
i have lost stock rom (2.3.4) havent been able to root. or get recovery to work.
if anyone has answers that will help me out yahoo messenger (celtic_payne)
email is the same email@example.com
thank you04-08-2012 03:45 AM
- Previously when I would look under power and see what's using the battery it would have applications along with everything else where as now it only shows screen, wifi, standby, calls, etc. does anyone else have this problem? If so is there anyway to see what programs are draining the battery? Also when I go under memory usage I rarely if at all see games that have been played, is this because ics manages certain apps differently? Sorry for all the questions I just feel like I'm missing something here.04-13-2012 12:24 AM
- I've experienced better battery life. Am using a 'SaFPWR Power' case. Memory management is better. The change I've noticed most is that autocorrect either does not exist (Twitter) or does not offer common words as it had been. Am considering going through the setup which I did when I bought the phone (gingerbread), to setup the phone in ICS.04-16-2012 01:00 PM
- Got my vivid on Friday, and I updated to ICS before installing anything on it. I must say, battery life has been pretty good so far. I leave wifi on all day and am a moderate user. Unplugged at 6am and went to 8% battery around 11pm or so. No complaints so far.....and beats is definitely a huge bonus!05-07-2012 07:02 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- HTC Vivid
VIVID ICS update aftermath
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD