Beats Audio

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone who has the new ICS, also has Beats Audio enabled? I heard that it would come with the ICS update for the Vivid. Thanks.:confused:

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Zerorelix is right. Beats Audio is slaved to the headphone jack. That said, it works beautifully and my Eq and Poweramp equalizers work. Apparently, putting Beats in cured the DSP problem in ICS. Beautiful sound out of both my external speakers and my headset.

nickf2005

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO, I get better sound by turning Beats Audio off and set EQ to my liking. Also, it's a con that Beats does not work when I stream via Bluetooth to Sync in our Ford Edge.

That said, Beats alone does make a noticeable and positive improvement to "stock" sound.

Tim Spears

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine wont play through external speakers through aux cord.....is there an app i have to have to play music through external speakers??? I just don't understand why it wont play through aux cord in car...frustrated....:mad:

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine wont play through external speakers through aux cord.....is there an app i have to have to play music through external speakers??? I just don't understand why it wont play through aux cord in car...frustrated....:mad:

So if your problem is beyond just the aux cable you're using in the car, you may have come across one of HTC's quirks - the headphone jack isn't quite the right size. I have to be careful with which headphones I use because some can't plug in all the way - one headphone may not play sound, or there's bad static, or the sound levels are too low. Fortunately, my good pair of earbuds works well with this phone or I'd have taken it back on day one. I've heard both that this is universal to all of HTC's devices, and that taking the phone back and swapping it out can get better results. Don't know which is right, since this is the only HTC device I've owned, and I didn't take it back to swap it out :S

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE