Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Messaging after new update

I have a question. After I did the update I am now unable to just go in and access my text messages. It just keeps saying "Please wait" I sat there for like thirty minutes watching the stupid thing go around with that message above it. I have restarted my phone, removed the battery and SIM card and to no avail I am unable to access them. If more than one person messages me I am screwed b/c I cannot see my list of people who messaged me. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just special and the only one. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it as well.

Thanks

Global Posts
    3,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Messaging after new update

Quote Originally Posted by txmom26 View Post
    I have a question. After I did the update I am now unable to just go in and access my text messages. It just keeps saying "Please wait" I sat there for like thirty minutes watching the stupid thing go around with that message above it. I have restarted my phone, removed the battery and SIM card and to no avail I am unable to access them. If more than one person messages me I am screwed b/c I cannot see my list of people who messaged me. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just special and the only one. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it as well.

Thanks
    I have had zero problems after the update. Is your phone stock, or rooted? What messaging app are you using?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

I had this issue at first too. It took 2 resets with one being a battery pull to fix the problem. Messaging now works fine after doing that.

Yes! I'm having exactly the same problem! It has been a day since I've been able to see my SMS and it's becoming a real problem. I keep rebooting, but nothing has changed! Please help!!

If rebooting/battery doesn't work either go into a store and fix/replace it or root it...

Or try a different SMS app