Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will Have My Vivid Soon

I should be getting a white HTC Vivid tomorrow (Monday). I negotiated a pretty good deal with a guy on Craig's List for it .. Trading a PlayBook tablet plus 75 bucks for it. I don't use the tablet ever, so on my end it seemed to be a good deal, hoping he thinks so as well. Anyways, I currently use the HTC Inspire and I'm still getting used to Android - I've been an iPhone user for a while. But I'm looking forward to the Vivid and the Sense 3.0 ... After browsing through some forums though, it seems some people have a lot of problems with this phone? And that it's not meeting people's expectations? Some of the forums are making me second guess the deal, but then some of the reviews I've read seem to talk about how good it is .. I'm kinda torn.

Are some of these bugs about duplicate texts I've read worked out? Since I think there was a recent OS upgrade? Just wanting to know what to expect from my transition from Inspire to Vivid.
    "The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: Will Have My Vivid Soon

I switched from an Inspire to a Vivid and I couldn't be happier. My only problem that I have ever had from my Vivid is the time does not automatically change over when I switch time zones. The update to ICS & Sense 3.6 is amazing and I am in love with all of the new features.

Global Posts
    4,061 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    I switched from an Inspire to a Vivid and I couldn't be happier. My only problem that I have ever had from my Vivid is the time does not automatically change over when I switch time zones. The update to ICS & Sense 3.6 is amazing and I am in love with all of the new features.
    I too love my Vivid, and the time zone thing can be set in locations.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've had it since this morning about 9am when I made the transaction .. Went straight to AT&T to switch all my contacts over from the Inspire .. and been using it since. I'm very very happy!! It was already updated to ICS with Sense 3.6 and it's so snappy and fast! I haven't had one single issues with it, and I'm pretty much in love. It's the white one, so I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm very pleased with my new phone, I'm thinking I will definitely be sticking wit this one for quite a while!

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

I went from a Blackberry to the Vivid and have never been happier with a cell phone. I was waiting for it from the first rumors last year. I took the ICS upgrade the first day it came out and love that, too. If I had any beef at all, it would be the lack of accessories available for it. No docks, either car or desktop. Seidio stopped at the Active case when what I wanted was the Convert. Those are niggling items I can live with. The phone, itself, is excellent.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk321 View Post
    ... If I had any beef at all, it would be the lack of accessories available for it ... The phone, itself, is excellent.
    THIS! .. I'm pretty big when it comes to accessories because I like to protect my investments. When I had my iPhone I had about 8 different cases, and I just loved having a lot of different styles. I have two cases already for my Vivid, and both are really good, especially the BoxWave one I got (I'll put a link below). I'm actually pretty impressed with the battery .. When I had the Inspire, the battery life sucked, I was at 30% within 4 hours, it was horrible. And with the Vivid, yesterday I reached 10 hours with pretty heavy usage. I'll definitely be investing in accessories for this phone as much as I can.

Here's the two I've gotten so far, I love the BoxWave, white on white ....

Amazon.com: BoxWave HTC Vivid UniColor Case - Sleek Dual Tone TPU Case for Durable Anti-Slip Protection, Transparent Matte Back with Solid Border - HTC Vivid Cases and Covers (Frosted White): Electronics

Amazon.com: HTC Vivid AGF Ballistic Magnate Case - Black - Leather Inlay Gel Case: Electronics