1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VIVID hotspots...

Ok, I am posting for a friend who just bought a AT&T Vivid.

He is asking how do you set up the APN for use with hot spot? He is on the old unlimited plan such as I am, but I have a Inspire 4g (not rooted, not updated, and enjoy). I been reading threads, but not really finding anything for him. Any Ideas or directions???

Bentnail

Default Re: VIVID hotspots...

Not certain, but I believe you need to go through AT&T to set up the ability for a mobile hotspot. They charge a monthly plan to enable it.
    "The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for you reply JonMark.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bentnail View Post
    Ok, I am posting for a friend who just bought a AT&T Vivid.

He is asking how do you set up the APN for use with hot spot? He is on the old unlimited plan such as I am, but I have a Inspire 4g (not rooted, not updated, and enjoy). I been reading threads, but not really finding anything for him. Any Ideas or directions???

Bentnail
    I, too, am grandfathered in on the old unlimited data plan. AT& T will NOT let us tether or hotspot on this plan. I spent a half hour talking to them about it. The only way to get it in an un-rooted, un-flashed phone is to give up the plan and go to the 4GB tiered plan with the tethering option. This totally stinks, but it's their ball game unless you root and flash a ROM that breaks the tether lock. Otherwise, we're SOL for tethering and hotspot.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I run a HTC Inspire 4g.....i am able to tether as hot spot based on a apn i found on here. I have not rooted my phone and have no trouble hotspotting it. But figured that AT&T would stop it. I have not updated my phone either due to hearing to many issues with that update.
    Trying to do the same thing everyday, Taking over the world using ANDROID!!!!

What is the name of the application pls