Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default lock screen animated weather?

I've just noticed that the standard lock screen weather app, has stopped being animated (no sounds for thunder or lightning). Is this because of the new ICS, or did i accidentally uncheck a particular box? Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: lock screen animated weather?

Just checked. The animation tab in "display", has been eliminated for ICS. Total bummer!

Have animation on mine go in your app drawer and open the weather app go to menu and settings and there is a option for sound

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
    Have animation on mine go in your app drawer and open the weather app go to menu and settings and there is a option for sound

Thanks. Got it, and it works.

Your welcome

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
    Your welcome

I'm curious about the animations. I get the sounds, and the lightning bolts, but when it's raining, i used to also get a windshield wiper going across the home screen. Do you still have that feature?

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

I just checked mine. It is currently raining where I am. I did a lock and unlock and I got my wiper animation just fine.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk321 View Post
    I just checked mine. It is currently raining where I am. I did a lock and unlock and I got my wiper animation just fine.
    O.K. I believe that you are running GB? I think it's an issue with the OS, or Sense 3.6. Check this out...Go to settings>display>and see if you have a tab that says "animations". If you do, then you won't have one, when you upgrade to ICS. Thanks for checking. If that's it, i would love to keep ICS, and also get back the "animations" tab.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Actually, I'm running ICS and. Sense 3.6. I did the OTA update. My animation and sounds are working fine.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

I just checked settings. I don't have the animations tab, but I still have them in Sense. Go figure.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I just checked settings. I don't have the animations tab, but I still have them in Sense. Go figure.
    I guess that i'll go into my local AT&T store, and see if they can wipe the phone, and then re-download ICS. Must have gotten a corrupted copy when i downloaded it from the phone. Thanks.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Try doing a hard reset.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Try doing a hard reset.
    How do you do that?

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Go to Settings / Storage. Scroll down to factory data reset. This will wipe the phone.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Go to Settings / Storage. Scroll down to factory data reset. This will wipe the phone.
    O.K. If i do that, can i get back all my data with a back-up? I use Gmail, and i have SyncMate also.

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Do make sure you're backed up. You'll be able to recover your apps from the market or wherever you downloaded them from. Your contacts will be re-synched from Gmail. With a hard reset, you'll be setting up the phone from scratch, with the exception of regaining your stuff from the resynch.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Do make sure you're backed up. You'll be able to recover your apps from the market or wherever you downloaded them from. Your contacts will be re-synched from Gmail. With a hard reset, you'll be setting up the phone from scratch, with the exception of regaining your stuff from the resynch.
    O.K. I'm going to try that. Now, if that doesn't resolve the problem, how do i uninstall ICS, and then reinstall another copy of ICS (mine may be corrupted)?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Went to my AT&T store today. Rep said DO NOT wipe phone. Animations are there, just not in demo mode. If ICS was truly corrupted, a new one can be sent to the phone via Tech Support (611). If i want to revert to GB, i'm out of luck. AT&T will not send it to my phone. I'll just chill out for now.

You want Gingerbread then reset your phone. I am currently using a vivid that had been a display for beats at store. Did a reset which brought the phone back to Gingerbread, and then had to do an update to icecream sandwich.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Iamdunne View Post
    You want Gingerbread then reset your phone. I am currently using a vivid that had been a display for beats at store. Did a reset which brought the phone back to Gingerbread, and then had to do an update to icecream sandwich.
    Are you talking about a "factory reset"? So, if that gets me back to GB, then i get a message on the phone that tells me i have an update to ICS? Is that the way it works? Thanks, and i'll be waiting for your reply.

Yes, the factory data reset you would go to settings>scroll down to device>storage>factory data reset. Then if you want to do the system update make sure your phone is on wifi and charged to at least 35%. Then go to settings>scroll down to system>AT&T software update
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Yes, the factory data reset you would go to settings>scroll down to device>storage>factory data reset. Then if you want to do the system update make sure your phone is on wifi and charged to at least 35%. Then go to settings>scroll down to system>AT&T software update
    O.K. So you're saying that a factory reset would wipe out all my data, and the ICS update, and return my phone to GB?

Yes, unmount and take out memory card and sim I say just to play it safe and yes, the phone I was using was the beats display phone so had Icecream sandwich, we reset and it didn't. Then I did the update. This is assuming your phone didn't have Icecream sandwich when you bought it? I am not aware if the new ones are shipping with it.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Yes, unmount and take out memory card and sim I say just to play it safe and yes, the phone I was using was the beats display phone so had Icecream sandwich, we reset and it didn't. Then I did the update. This is assuming your phone didn't have Icecream sandwich when you bought it? I am not aware if the new ones are shipping with it.
    I bought it in Feb. at AT&T, and it had Gingerbread on it. I believe that it had Beats Audio already on it, but it was definitely GB 2.3.?. Thanks for all the info.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    3,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Here's the answer i was looking for...The weather wiper works when the app on your home screen says SHOWERS, not when it says RAIN. A reset has everything working correctly.